Re-Barrel a Weatherby Mark V ??

Rich Reilly at Hi Tech Customs in Colorado Springs, Co rebarreled my Weatherby Mk V. It was a .340 Weatherby, and he replaced the barrel with a Lilja Stainless Match barrel, and added one of his own muzzle brakes. The rifle shoots 1/2 inch groups. His # is 719-667-1090. I would certainly have him do it all over again if the need arises.

No Buzz, I had it cerakoted, and it is in the black HS Precision synthetic stock I got from Stocky's stocks. It was originally a FiberMark, but the original stock (from the 80's) started showing some stress cracks, and the blue finish was a little blemished having spent time submerged in Katrina water while in my gunsafe back in 2005. The finish is a flat black look.

Last edited:
I have had a couple done in the past and most reputable gunsmiths will do Mark V's. I would give Lane Precision Rifles a call, his work is second to none and Dallas is awesome to work with.

Don't send the rifle. Send only the barreled action. I sent them one and they said there was something wrong with the stock and wouldn't return it unless I purchased another one. Finally I got an lawyer involved and got it back.

I have Mark V 7mm rem mag that shot bug holes until had Briley's put a break on it...now it shoot like shoot gun at 100 yds. I am thinking about replacing the barrel with new 7 PRC....but then I have to find new brass and what do I do with all the old stuff?