RCBS trim mate prep center

7Rumloader

What are some opinions on this setup??
I just finished preping 200 cases and my hands are killing me so I'm looking into something to speed the process up and make it easier on the hands.
Lets hear some opinions if you have used one or any other setup like this I want to hear about it.
Thanks in advance!

I got one for the exact same reason you are thinking of getting one. Old age I guess, my hands and fingers just can't take it any more. The thing works fine and you can use their primer pocket uniformer and flash hole deburring tools on it also. All the tool stations do not turn fast like a drill but turn fast enough. I wish I would have got one a long time ago. It sure saves on the hands and does the job. Sam.

I just posted somewhere else on here about mine. I couldn't load in the volume that i do without mine. I load for P.D. shooting in large volume and tactical rifle and F-class. Way too much ammo to prep by hand, especially if I have to ream primer pockets.

I borrowed one thinking I might buy one myself and thought that using one before I buy it would tell me if I needed it or not. I had about 600 rounds of .308 Win LC brass that I was prepping.
When I was done my hands were just about useless. Wow they hurt.
My comment was to myself that that would be the last time I ever did that.
Now in defense of the prep center I found that I was wrong. Yes my hands hurt like hell but what did I do wrong. I did 600 rounds of brass in about a day. That was using all the attachments it had. So take 600 time the 4 stations and that's 2400. Now go and to the same repetition 2400 times. I don't care what it is its going to hurt. I found that if I did the same number of cases using my old methods did not hurt as much unless I tried to squeeze it all into the same amount of time and then whew doggy it hurt just as much.
So no matter what you use, if your going to be doing that many cases it is going to hurt. The prep station just makes it so its faster to get your hands to hurt and get more cases done during that time. Its a win/lose situation.

I made a brass holder out of rubber fuel hose to help me hold my 223 brass. It works great and is much easier to hold onto than the brass is. The fuel hose brass holder is larger and is easier to grip, the rubber really hangs onto the brass so you don't have to squeeze nearly as hard to keep the brass from spinning.
IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

I used 3/8" fuel hose and cut it about 3" long and then slice it twice down the center about 1-1/2" deep. So there are 4 slices halfway down the length of the hose.

Then I glued a wooden plug in the end without the slices so about 1/2 of the 223 Rem brass will be sticking out of the hose when you push the brass in against the wood stopper.

Then I wrapped electrician tape around the whole hose to keep the sliced end from separating.

I only use this brass holder when doing the primer pockets on military brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.