RCBS R.A.S.S. Shooting Bench

Varmint Hunter

Anyone own or use the RCBS R.A.S.S. Shooting Bench. It is similar to several other high dollar 360 degree rotating portable benches but at a reduced cost.

They are adverised all over at about $290.00

I got to use one while prairie dog hunting and it was amazing. Much sturdier and steadier than I would have imagined, and adjustments are easy. It did everything I imagined and more. All things are adjustable, I wish I owned one.

I agree with Tyler, I was impressed with it construction, comfort and ease of use. My only negative but maybe necessary was the weight.

I have one and a few of my friends tryed it. The ones that have tried it now own one. RCBS had a few bugs to work out. But they jumped on them right away. If you have any problems with one contact Allen Jernigan at RCBS in Oroville Ca. He will do what ever it takes to make sure you are satisfied. The seat on mine had a little tear in it from the packaging. I called Allen and had one in 3 days. Excellent product

They will never replace the solid bench with a sturdy pedestal/bag setup but for varmint hunting, they are pretty nice and very handy. The weight of them is an issue though. It is nice to have a two man team to wrestle it around and get it assembled.

I have one, and my PD buddies have all gotten them now, too. Way steadier than anything short of concrete, once everything is tightened up, and has the "tailgunner" cool too!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.