RCBS Chargemaster

Tried the straw trick yesterday. 15 perfect loads 69.2 gr. every time!

I'm a little confused about what the straw trick is. Can you show pics or elaborate further? I know it was explained earlier, but I'm having trouble picturing it in my mind.

chargemasterstraw002.jpg

get a tight fitting straw and cut it about 1" long. Just grab a straw from various fast food joints untill you find the right size. Mine is the red one, from in and out, I think...

Shove the straw into the dispensing tube. You can leave it poking out a bit or flush. Mine was poking out originally but I bumped it at some point, now its about flush.

In looking at the straw I can see ridges, is that from the tube or was the straw one of the ones with the ridges to bend?
Thanks, I may have to do the mod myself. I think the Chargemaster is fantastic, and my beam scale looks so lonely.......:D

you're seeing through the straw; the dispensing tube has ridges. the smooth straw eliminates the ridges so the kernels don't pile up in the ridges at the edge and dump in too many at the last trickle... Get it?:D

Nice... My new Chargemaster should be here tomorrow. I can't wait to put it to work.

Thanks for the clarification on the straw trick.

I have been using the chargemaster for about 8 months now and love it. If used in the right environment it dispenses very accurate loads. Has anyone tried the new hornady dispenser yet? Curious to see how it compares.

You mean Hornady's attempt to share RCBS's earned market?
Why should we reward Hornady for RCBS R&D?

Truly we should scald hornady for their lack of ethics here.

Just my opinion

you're seeing through the straw; the dispensing tube has ridges. the smooth straw eliminates the ridges so the kernels don't pile up in the ridges at the edge and dump in too many at the last trickle... Get it?:D

Ok thanks for the clarification. I get one over weight about every fiftieth round. I' go out to the fast food establishments to acquire a collection of straws to find the one that fits. Thanks for the tweak/trick! lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.