RCBS chargemaster...

Ultra25-06

Just went to do some reloading today and my chargemaster no longer works. power comes on and thats it. I purchased less than 1yr ago. Problem now is I dont have my receipt because I sent it in for the rebate and did not think to make a copy of it. After doing some research I have found this to be a common problem with this equipment. It also somehow got past my eyes that this product is made in CHINA. I have sent a email to RCBS in hope this get's fixed but won't be crossing my fingers. I also found quite the interesting acronym for RCBS on other sites. Wish I would have made a copy of my receipt.

Have you unplugged everything for a few minutes and then tried again? That means both from the unit and wall.

I had to have one replaced (keyboard issue) and was never asked for a receipt. It was quick and painless.

So if they give you a new unit will you still feel they are junk and continue to bash them?

Just wondering.

Jeff

I also have had one replaced. Mine was the keyboard as well. No receipt, no issue, new unit. Now I have 2 of them and they are a intricate part of my reloading program. My reloading bench will always have one or two of them on it.

Just went to do some reloading today and my chargemaster no longer works. power comes on and thats it. I purchased less than 1yr ago. Problem now is I dont have my receipt because I sent it in for the rebate and did not think to make a copy of it. After doing some research I have found this to be a common problem with this equipment. It also somehow got past my eyes that this product is made in CHINA. I have sent a email to RCBS in hope this get's fixed but won't be crossing my fingers. I also found quite the interesting acronym for RCBS on other sites. Wish I would have made a copy of my receipt.

I suspect that there is a serial number on the measuring device somewhere. I would look for it and ask RCBS to do a cross check explaining your issue with them.I'd think that with them having a record of your product registration on file they would make it good. If not, I'd be done with that brand name.
gary

Thank you for your advice. I have already tried unpluging both units from each other and the wall multiple times. Do you know of any trouble shooting procedures for this unit to further assist? I am unable to find any without voiding the warranty.

As for bashing the company I dont feel I have. Myself yes, for not making a copy of the recipt. Only commented on how this product is not without failures and others seem to have the same problem. Some people have given them a name that I did not repeat only said I found it interesting. I use a wide variety of products by RCBS and other companies. Both of which serve me well. It does bother me where its made and I am free to admit that.

Pointing out the failures of a product by no means is bashing a company only informative information for others to be aware of. I hope the customer service is as good as your experience but I am neither a half full or empty beliver. Reality goes both ways.

If a repair or new unit is provided that would be outstanding customer service. Without my recipt it is up to them. To ask me if I would still consider it junk is only a attemp by you to make it seem like I am bashing the company. The title of my post is still correct. Example...to get rid of as worthless, "I've decided to junk my chargemaster and obtain a new one".

If customer service is good I will also post that experience to help it be known.

First, I would let RCBS respond to your issue before getting on the internet and calling the product junk.

Second, products fail to some degree across the board. Electrical products are more prone to fail over time. My Chargemaster has been going strong for many years so it is not all Chargemasters.

Finally, I keep a beam scale, thrower and trickler handy for this very reason and is why I tell everyone when recommending a Chargemater to do the same.

Hope it all works out for you.

First, I would let RCBS respond to your issue before getting on the internet and calling the product junk.

Second, products fail to some degree across the board. Electrical products are more prone to fail over time. My Chargemaster has been going strong for many years so it is not all Chargemasters.

Finally, I keep a beam scale, thrower and trickler handy for this very reason and is why I tell everyone when recommending a Chargemater to do the same.

Hope it all works out for you.

I agree with the fact products fail. However people should be aware that not all products are 100% reliable and when problems arise. By making this information known it is tracking a trend and is used by many large companies.

The term junk can be used in more ways than one.

Electronic equipment is very prone to problems, I deal with this on a daily basis and a finacial scale more than most people would even consider thinking about (avionics). They fail all the time. When they break we call it junk and repair it or get a new one. Quit thinking of it as just a negative term.

A beam scale and thrower are requierments in my opinion as well, electronics are only a luxury item.

Why is it when someone make a post people will almost always try to turn it. This post or comments is in no way ment to offend anyone.

Ultra,
If it offends them, **** on 'em. Call it what you like, you bought it. Hey Si on Duck Dynasty calls everything "junk" Jack! :) He's making millions. It's no worse than everybody saying "really" or "whatever", IMO.
My RCBS keypad went out also. RCBS sent me a keypad overlay, free, and I replaced it. I've had it 5 yrs at least. I wouldn't think you'd have a problem with RCBS, they have always treated me right. JohnnyK.

i agree with the fact products fail. However people should be aware that not all products are 100% reliable and when problems arise. By making this information known it is tracking a trend and is used by many large companies.

The term junk can be used in more ways than one.

Electronic equipment is very prone to problems, i deal with this on a daily basis and a finacial scale more than most people would even consider thinking about (avionics). They fail all the time. When they break we call it junk and repair it or get a new one. Quit thinking of it as just a negative term.

A beam scale and thrower are requierments in my opinion as well, electronics are only a luxury item.

Why is it when someone make a post people will almost always try to turn it. This post or comments is in no way ment to offend anyone.

times ===100 ,,there are some on this site that will always try to help you and others not so much ..those that do help, make it a good enough reason to stay on and say what you wish.

like I said, I'd be on the horn Monday morning their time with your delima. Bet they'll make it good. But if not, then I'd simply take my business down the street. You actually own a very powerfull weapon that nobody can take away from you. It's called your wallet! I've only seen a couple fire arms related companys that would not respond to a problem, and one is (or was) a board sponser.
gary

No issue here with RCBS or Lee or Hornady (though I don't care for their reloading equipment), Redding or Wilson or any reputable manufacturer.

Communicate with them. They will make it right.

Far as being made in China, if you don't want Chinese stuff, better crawl in a hole and die. It's everywhere......

As patriotic as I a like to think I am, I've succumbed to the curse of the China made stuff too.

Even tires come from.................:rolleyes:

Mine has been very good for the last four years, not saying it won't quit the next time I use it. Sorry for the luck you have recently had with yours. I love the RCBS chargemaster. I mean that.

Call them they will help you.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.