Rcbs charge master ???????????

I use Varget and havent had the problem of over and under charges. Sometimes it has to sit and "think" to trickle that last .1 grain...but it gets it. I also dont run mine in any fast mode....and I calibrate every time it gets turned on.

Was wondering what "any fast mode" is?lightbulb

I throw some charges with H50BMG and it is all over the place by like .6 grains over sometimes when it "thinks" for those last ones. Went to McDees for straw today and going to try that. Felt guilty just taking straws so bought a hot apple pie. Did you know they jacked them up to 69 cents. I thought they were 2 for a buck on the dollar menu. I should have just took the straws.:D I know about the load short and drop a couple in to make weight but I like having it do everything. I can throw a load and go over and seat my bullet while next load is going. Hope the straw deal fixes this.:)

Was wondering what "any fast mode" is?lightbulb

I throw some charges with H50BMG and it is all over the place by like .6 grains over sometimes when it "thinks" for those last ones. Went to McDees for straw today and going to try that. Felt guilty just taking straws so bought a hot apple pie. Did you know they jacked them up to 69 cents. I thought they were 2 for a buck on the dollar menu. I should have just took the straws.:D I know about the load short and drop a couple in to make weight but I like having it do everything. I can throw a load and go over and seat my bullet while next load is going. Hope the straw deal fixes this.:)

I think there is more than 1 speed to them. Dont really remember since I havent looked at the book in over a year. Ive NEVER had a drop that was .6 over or under...never. Lots of times its .1 or .2 UNDER....and then it sits there...gears a groaning...and finally drops a kernal or 2 and makes it A-OK.

I think there is more than 1 speed to them. Dont really remember since I havent looked at the book in over a year. Ive NEVER had a drop that was .6 over or under...never. Lots of times its .1 or .2 UNDER....and then it sits there...gears a groaning...and finally drops a kernal or 2 and makes it A-OK.

Mine does the same as yours but it constantly is .1 to .4 over when it does its little wait and spit. I have had some .6 or better. Maybe when it knows I want 221.0 grains of H50BMG for my 50 caliber it wants to keep me happy and spit a little harder.:) I'll try my straw later tonight and see how it goes.

Find a plastic drinking straw and cut off a piece about 1 1/4 inches long. For the chargmaster you will need a pretty large straw like from a drive through extra large drink. Place the cut piece of straw in the powder dispence tube leaving about 3/8" sticking out. If it fits loose use a small piece of maskng tape to hold it to the tube.

Fixed!!

It still may miss one once in a great while but when it does I just reach in the pan wih a finger and take out a few kernals and drop them back into the perfect reading. The reason it does this with powders like H-1000 is that 2 kernals are 1/10th grain. A lump will form and when it only needs a tenth it gets 2. The straw makes it as close to perfect as you can ask for.

Jeff
I got the straw, and loaded some rounds last night. Not one time did
it throw an incorrect charge, I LOVE IT !!!!! Thanks fellas works great !
Now its off to the range to see how it shoots and do some chrony testing :) Its only going to get 103 degrees today so guess I will find out how good that exteme powder (Retumbo) is ?

I guess I could give the straw thing a try. Mine throws them .1-.3 off quite often, guess the potential solution is free, so it's worth the try.

Other than that, I love my Chargemaster 1500.

I guess I could give the straw thing a try. Mine throws them .1-.3 off quite often, guess the potential solution is free, so it's worth the try.

Other than that, I love my Chargemaster 1500.

Been using the straw trick for years and years. In my first Lyman 1200 and now in the chargemaster. Its just something that needs done to all of them. After this they will drop to the 10th gr and only miss maybe one out of 25 or so.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts