Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 vs ATACR 5.5x25x56mm

ATACR all day! I have the 7-35 on a RPR 338 Lapua. Quite a pair I also have a BEAST on a custom 300WM. Deadly! NF for me. You get what you pay for.

limited elevation vs the the 80/100 in the atacr's. a big deal.
I have 14 NF scopes. If it were me I would go with the NXS 8X32X56 2DD reticle. I have a couple ATACRS and in my opinion they don't bring enough to make a difference to justify the extra cost over the NXS. I don't puch paper, only when sighting in, so all my experance is hunting. I can't speak to bench rest competition shooting.

I have both makes on two guns. I prefer the NF for my present needs, that need being I am getting older, at seventy, and my lifelong 20/10 vision...ain't no more. The narrower cross hair width that Vortex chose is a bit thin for me especially when the background is darker, yet they can be a boon for smallish 1000+ yard targets. But overall, I prefer the NF's cross hairs....and I purely dislike the sighting-in turret adjustments on the Vortex. In my opinion, it's a solution looking for a non-existent problem...even for the military.

not really
that only tilts not increases
so you end up using the very top of the range and optics.
i have 20 moa base/20 moa rings with my 5.5-22x so i am not in the top at 2000 yards.
All you need is a 20 moa egw base!

I snagged a 55 moa nightforce base awhile back . I could use a Burris Xtr ii 5x 25 x50 I have but been holding off for the right deal to pop up .

RumMan

If you're considering the razor, the Athlon Cronus offers everything the razor does, at a lower price point and 10 oz lighter. That said, the ATACR is in another tier above those 2.

I also have both the Vortex Gen 2 Razor and the ATACR. If the money is no isuue, the Nightforce is the better scope mostly because of glass quality. Both track perfect and are solid. Ergonomics of the Nightforce is a little better as well. If for hunting, the SFP ATACR Enhanced with the MOART reticle is hard to beat. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.