Ranging coyotes at long range

Nikon Buckmaster 8x rangefinder

Trigger is soft and precise, but the clearity leaves much to be desired. Sure like the mode where it ranges nothing within 150 yards. And you're right...the trigger is stiff in the Leica. I've talked to Leica and suggested the triggeer be lightened. Like talkin' to a fence post. Montana Mike

and i have a hell of a time getting the darn thing to work. mine has a real stiff button (IE: trigger).....and it is hard as hell to hold it on target while squeezing the trigger........my bushnell works a lot better as far as holding it on target, but doesnt range as far......never tried the swaro......id sell the leica....make me an offer.....AJ

Same here. Even when on top of a camera tripod it really shakes while trying to push the button on the 1200 Scan.

TCKev

Update. I guess it sounds like I am bashing it but don't mean too. It is new to me and takes some getting used to. Just wondering if others found it to be a problem. It's easier to hold a rifle scope steady. Different techniques. If you tense up it really shows.

It is strange what it will and will not range. For example it only ranged a huge tree twice at 840 yards but this morning it would read some grass to one side of it. I don't have any regrets about it so far.

Last edited:
Leica Warranty

I think I would have to call Leica and see if they could fix the stiff button problem. I think after I spent that much money I would want to be satisfied with it.

just my .02 worth

I have a Bushnell 1500. A fellow hunter I know uses a Leica (1200??). He was convinced that the Leica was superior to Bushnell. We tested them against each other. There is one place where we hunt with an open field. There was a small camper at one end. My Bushnell ranged it at 1001 yards. His Leica ranged it at 1000 yards. I did not feel like stepping it off to see who was right.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.