Long range coyote gun scope?

zr600

Ok I'm looking for a new scope for my calling rifle. It currently has a 4-16 pst geni on it. I have my eyes on a few scopes leupold vx5hd 3-15 either windplex or tmoa, ziess v4 6-24, or the nightforce shv 5-20 with moar reticle. Which scope would be the best for me? Some shots can be out to 500 plus yards shortest shot I have ever taken is 130 yards and that was at nite. I really like the turrets locking on the leupold, but the turrets have to track and hold zero. Some shots will require dialing on the turret. How will these 3 compare glass wise? If the pst has better glass I would keep it I have only two complaints on my pst glass and parallax is hard to get set just right l can't get it all adjusted out. I haven't shot to many other scopes other then these vortex's with parallax adjustments.

I just put a zeiss hd5 5-25x50 with the rz varmint reticle on my Kimber 22-250. It's a pretty sweet scope and with the clearance price $779 I'm happy with it. It is a touch heavy and only a 1" tube but I've called in a few, shot one out to 415 yards and been shooting a bunch at night with a wicked light mounted on it and it has been working really well. It does have the locking turret and I like it but haven't done much dialing with it. I have a hard time telling the difference in glass between my leupold vx5hd 3-15 and the ziess until the zeiss gets over 20x then it starts getting a little less clear. The vx5 is a great scope also. Good luck!

Chris

I think the SHV 4-14 and 5-20 are perfect hunting scopes.
They're priced good enough where I don't mind if they dinged and scratched on a hunting rifle. Rock solid

I would check out the vx5 with the impact reticle. I have the impact reticle on my vx3 lrp I use for coyote hunting. Out to 600, just hold with the reticle. Much faster than dialing. All the scopes mentioned will have nicer glass than the pst in my opinion

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.