Ranging Binos with ballistics vs Binos & rangefinder with ballistics

Just as well combine the spotting scope into the package so there is only 1 bulky, heavy optical instrument to carry. An 8-35x60 bino/RF/spotter. ;)

I run the Leica 3200.com and would not give them up. Optical clarity is excellent, the app is a bit clunky but ballistic solutions are very good to 800 yds. If you need more distance you can pair with a kestrel. The wind corrections and elevation corrections are bright and easy to read when paired wirh the Kestrel. Rumor is Leica will have an app update soon that will incorporate AB data in their app for the 3200.com units.

The new Leica Pro32 range binos are not as comfortable or sharp as my 12x Swaro Pures, but neither is anything else. They do range well, tho the led readouts are dimmer than I like
I run the Leica 3200.com and would not give them up. Optical clarity is excellent, the app is a bit clunky but ballistic solutions are very good to 800 yds. If you need more distance you can pair with a kestrel. The wind corrections and elevation corrections are bright and easy to read when paired wirh the Kestrel. Rumor is Leica will have an app update soon that will incorporate AB data in their app for the 3200.com units.
the Pro 32 can be upgraded to extend solutions to range limit, maybe they will di it for 3200.

Well iv beat this horse enough lol. Found a Great Price on Leica 10x42HD-B 2200. I know there's better, but for the money they will do what I need to hunt out to 600. Also going to get the Revic BR4 for shots past 500 or 600 yards. 99% of my hunting will be here in Ga with most shots being 400 and mostly under. I want to thank everyone for there input. Helped Greatly!!!!

I was having the same dilemma as I purchased a pair of Sig Kilo's. Brought them home, tried to get them to pair with my phone. Kept saying there was a firmware update, tried to update. Would lock up. Tried 5 times, returned them the next day.

Purchased the Vortex Fury 5000-AB. Very impressed. Furthest I've had a change to range was just over 1700yds to a treeline. The ballistics seem to be on. I hand load and shoot a bunch of calibers. So far, all first round hits out to 1000yds. Easy to use. I'd buy again all over.

With my Vortex Furry 5000 HD AB I ranged a rimrock at 2000 yd (overcast day). I ranged a hawk sitting in a field at 917 yards. I could not believe it was actually ranging the hawk so I spent about 10 minutes testing beside it on each side, in front and behind. For long distances a tripod is a must have.

Be aware that the Leica Geovid ballistic table in their Website gives elevation corrections only for Leica scopes, which are in CM, not inches! At least that's the way it was 2 yrs ago when I tried to enter data for a custom ballistic table.
That's weird, my 2700s will do MOA or CM...

Does it give you how many moa to come up, or how many .25 min clicks to come up?
It sure does. They come with a dozen or so preprogrammed profiles you can select or you can set your own up on their website, download it to a Micro SD card and load that into your Binoculars/Rangefinder.

I'm not familiar with the 2200's. I have both the 2700 rangefinder and the 10x42 2700's and can swap SD cards from one to the other, which is nice.

Recent Posts