Range frinders can I ask?

Well Dang a mix bag of answers. One guy says his Bushnell is great,Another guy says his Leica is only part time.No difference between Cheap Nikon and Monarch.No shortage of opinions.I have the NikonMonarch 800 in front of me should i re-sale it on e-bay or keep it? I'll figure some thing out.

Like I said in my above post, my dad bought the first Nikon 800. If its not real bright and sunny, I can get deer and yotes out to the advertised 800. Hold it real still. However, the Nikon monarch was supposed to be able to get p-dogs and a little more accurate. My dad gave me the old Nikon 800, and he bought the new one. The Nikon Monarch does not seem to be any more accurate, or get any smaller targets then the old one. I am doing side by side comparisons on everything we range. The only 1 thing I like about the monarch is that it is so small, it will fit into my shirt pocket. My uncle bought the older Leica 800, he dropped it 1 time and it broke. It was over the 2 year warranty, he called Leica and told them he dropped it, send it back to them to see if they could fix it. Little later he gets a call saying its unfixable but they'll sell him the 900 for $300. He was ****ed to say the least. So.....

[ QUOTE ]
he dropped it 1 time and it broke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well that's a shame... But what do you expect out of electronics anyhow?

If I were to purchase a new Laser Rangefinder today, I would go with the Swarovsky first, then the Leica. I own the Leica and and it works as expected. Secondly, I would stay away from anything that's built in China. I have had terrible luck with their products. Scopes, Shoes/boots and Laser Rangefinders.

W,
I was demo'd a unit last week that picked up a building at 4725 yards, cows easily at 2000 - eyesafe. Like what you are talking about, only a little different.
I believe that we could have much better performance IF the manufacturers thought that there were enough people who would pay for it. I believe that the technology is definitely there, just not the civilian demand. Average Bubba shoots out to 2-250 yards, 350 is a hell of a long shot.
Too bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Well, we just recieved our first blanket of snow on the ground so I asked my friend if I could borrow his Swaro this Wednesday and put it to a tough test on the snow covered burm at 1400 yards and 2000 yards. I will try my Leica also at stuff closer and see what happens.

I really don't like the aimer in the Swaro, but if it will go out to 2000 yards like some guys have said it will, I might have to buy the dang thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Using a Nikon Monarch 800 I haven't had a problem ranging rocks, trees, bushes, critters out to 500 or 600 yards in any conditions. But that seems to be max in less than ideal conditions. In ideal conditions, I've been able to range trees at 800 - 850. I believe the difference in the Buckmaster and Monarch series is the optics; not the functionality of the laser range finder. This works well enough for what I use it for.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.