Range Finders ****

Guys,

We have the Corrected Range, MOA, MIL, G7, External Temp prototype. The software accepts the standard ballistic inputs, and calc time is about a half second. Rain, Snow, Bright Sunlight, Multiple Targets (range gating). Its all there.

We are looking very close at patents right now to ensure we don't infringe. I'll try to get a press release out when we have finalized.

Aaron,

That's great news for me and the MOA and MIL guys, I'm guessing there's a lot of IPHY scopes out there as well. Next time I'm in Cody, I'll drop in and check it out.

-Mark

Last edited:
Guys,

We have the Corrected Range, MOA, MIL, G7, External Temp prototype. The software accepts the standard ballistic inputs, and calc time is about a half second. Rain, Snow, Bright Sunlight, Multiple Targets (range gating). Its all there.

We are looking very close at patents right now to ensure we don't infringe. I'll try to get a press release out when we have finalized.

Skip, is this unit a range finder or a scop w/ all the stuff built in? If its a range finder, how much is it and what is the distance on non reflective targets???

Thanks
kz

Guys,

Skip,

Thanks for the report and clarification and keeping us in the loop. That sounds VERY promising in several ways. I applaud the ingenuity and forward thinking of such a device. Not that my applause counts for much, but it sure seems like this could exploit a most likely growing niche in the market. External temp for quick and accurate reading--good.

Just to clarify further, your prototype also measures and includes in the calculation station barometric pressure and humidity, correct?

Is there anyway these features could be combined with a 10x binoc such as the Geovids (is that the right 'vid'?) at some point? I am all for reducing weight and bulk of my gear/pakc in any reasonable fashion.

Thanks,

Jon

Guys,

Thats exciting...still saving pennies for it!:D

This is great news. Thank you Aaron for jumping on and giving us the scoop. Looks like I'll have to get the RF when I buy the Huskemaw scope this summer.

Considering what a lazer rangefinder has to work with it's amazing they ever get a reading. Ever look through a 32 power scope on it's highest reading? Air is not clear and full of light bending distortion. The farther you go the worse it gets. Then you throw in dust and fog and it just compounds the issues. Most people that have a hard time with a range finder has unreal expectations of what one can do. My Swarovski doesn't get readings every single time to 1999 yards or even 50 yards depending on conditions. No rangefinder will. When conditions are ideal it hits it every time. My brother inlaw in a surveyor and his 100,000 dollar lazer rangefinder will range a couple miles with 1/8" accuracy. He says there are days it will not work every time even with the trick reflector target it must use.

I can believe a dud Swarovski once in awhile. No body is perfect but 10-11 duds in a row to the same guy and I would have to question the source. The Swarovski is a well made unit as dependable as it gets when it comes to rangefinders. I would consider it the perfect match for your new Edge and it's capabilities.

i have one and it works great. From what i have been hearing, i got lucky. apparently alot of the new ones are not working very well at the further ranges. my local cabelas "optic guy" said he hasnt sold one for along time now because he cannot reccomend it for 1300 yard plus readings. He believes something in them has changed because in the past they would read well beyond 1500 and now he has trouble getting past 1300.

i have one and it works great. From what i have been hearing, i got lucky. apparently alot of the new ones are not working very well at the further ranges. my local cabelas "optic guy" said he hasnt sold one for along time now because he cannot reccomend it for 1300 yard plus readings. He believes something in them has changed because in the past they would read well beyond 1500 and now he has trouble getting past 1300.

which rangefinder?

He's talking about the Swaro. We had this conversation on range finders earlier tonight.

Southpaw

first day with my new swaro mostly clear with a few clouds i was ranging a black horse at 1400 3 hits in a row. Lovn it so far. Seems to range just as far as my bushy 1500 until you start ranging animals and not houses

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.