Range finders

Cat

I guess when I sell my Russian units at $2950.00 it's really not so bad of a deal then, especially since I saw them advertised elsewhere for $10,000.00.

Maybe I should raise the price?
wink.gif

Take care and good shooting.

My 338/416 with the 300 Gr MK at 42 degrees (just rechecked) is good for 7 Miles out. It don't have a heck of a lot of energy dropping out of the sky though. I still wouldn't want to get hit by it.

Later
DC

[ 07-19-2002: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

I am curious about something???

Is the reading from a rangefinder the actual distance OR do I still have to adjust for angle is shooting uphill or down?
confused.gif

Good Shooting!

Catshooter, does this include angle os shot?

If I am shooting downhill at a 45 degree angle and I range 800 yards with a laser rangefinder.....do I still have to compensate for the 45 degree angle?

Thank You

John...

Of course. The range to the target is 800, but the horizontal range (the effect of gravity) is less.

For a laser ranged target at 800 yds, and 45 degrees down, the setting you would use on your scope is 565 yards.

CatShooter.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts