ramshot powders

I've used 4 of the Ramshot rifle powders for a couple of years now. I've no complaints about them. Don't have a chronograph, so can't make a good comment about temp sensitivety, but not noticed anything to suggest it is. Find Ramshot to be a clean burning powder and meters great since their TAC, Hunter, Big Game and Magnum powders are all spherical type powders. Have used one or more of these powders to reload 223, 257R, 25-06, 6.5x257R, 6.5x55, 270win, 7x57, 7mm-08, 300 Savage, 308win, 30-06. Never a problem using just standard primers with Ramshot. Don't reload any large case cartridges that would need a magnum type primer.

I read an article on a couple of years ago that stated that Ramshot Magnum was a very temp stable powder. I also contacted them to ask how temp stable their Hunter powder was and they said on their tests from 130 F to -30F you should expect about a 2% swing. That's pretty impressive.

I spoke with a reliable source 2 winters ago who was using Hodgdon for the most part. He was testing Ramshot powders in 6.5x284 and 7mag. Said they were just as temp stable as Hodgdon if not more so.

Ramshot magnum is a very consistent and temp stable powder.
I have used it in 7 mm mag 300win, 6-284
all with great results

Ramshot is good powder, they are made by accurate arms, I use aa2520 or ramshot tac in 308 when I can get it, not many stores in my neck of the woods keep it in stock, and I hate hazard fees.

I have had great luck with all ramshot powders. They burn very clean, especially in the high volumn varmint rounds. Ramshot hunter works very well with the 300wsm and Big game with 22-250.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.