Rainy Day Coyote

benlow

IMG_0039.jpg

I got this coyote last weekend in CA when it was raining off and on. I got him on my second stand. I called in a house dog on my first one. He came out of an old olive orchard that I set up on. He was only 80 yards when I saw him and took the shot. The Lohman three tone call on the far right did the trick. It was on the low setting.

Last edited:
Brushcountry to be honest I just bought that diaphragm call the weekend before this coyote was taken. I was working at the California Sportsman's Expo and seen it there. I have been practicing with it and it sounds good to me but it has not worked for me yet.

IMG_0034.jpg

Big Sky the coyotes come in different colors out here. I think some of them even have a little house dog in them. I will post a picture of what I called in on my first stand of this hunt. He scared the crap out of me. I was at least three miles from any house. I spend some time in Montana every year. I am going to bring a rifle back there and do some coyote hunting next time I come back. I want to hunt a piece on the Flathead that a friend owns.

im in search for a good howler but not sure what to go with. iv been using the primos hot dog but kinda hard to use. its worked for me so far but some times i tend to break notes with it, especially on the higher pitched fem, howls and have to try to cover up with a consecutive howl and i want to eliminate the problem. iv been eye balling the E.L.K. power howler but want to see if anyones used it on here. so if anybody has, plese let me know... and im also considering the johnny stewart dog howler..

Brushcountry I have the primos mini mag howler and diaphragm howlers. I also hit bad notes with the mini mag. I think I sound better on the diaphragm calls. I have always used rabbit distress calls. I am just trying to learn to howl at them so I can add to my bag of tricks. I had a Mac Daddy howler to I threw it away because the diaphragm went bad in it. So I guess I am also looking for a good howler.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.