Quik load help with 300wm

kcebcj

What you simulated in QuickLoad is not representative at all of what the OP is running. You didn't match his velocity and thus the pressure is way low. You need to change the powder burn rate to get the velocity he got.

kcebcj,
thanks for the screen shot. That is my first time viewing QuickLoad and it was a lot to digest for me. Appreciate the help.

Randy

kcebcj,

I have been going over your QuickLoad screen shot and am trying to understand what I am reading. If I understand correctly, my velocity of 2935fps average is the same as 83.38 grains on the chart. Does that mean I am at a dangerous load? I do see that it a 106% fill load which mine is not.

Does my COAL of 3.635" reduce my pressure from Berger's published COAL of 3.340?

Can you help get this through my skull?

Randy

I need to ask another question about Quickload. Does Quickload take into account the type of primer used? I read in Handloader magazine a test done buy A frame. It showed that a CCI 200 primer was about 10,000 psi less than a magnum primer.

I have been doing a lot of research on quickload online. It looks like there is some gray area that people don't want to stick their neck out on. I will respectfully back out of this thread. Thank you to all who participated.
Randy

The burning rate parameter for H1000 in QL is wrong. If you change it to .390 you'll get more realistic results. Also, make sure you're using the correct brass. RWS has less internal capacity than domestic brands.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.