Questions about Ballistic FTE

I just got an email from the author of the FTE app, Jonathan Zdziarski, concerning this thread. He reports "compatibility will be fixed in 2.5.1."

I'm not sure which part he is going to fix, but at least he is listening to us and making improvements to the app.

That's good you heard back from him. I sent an e mail a couple months ago and never heard back. There's been a few updates since then and I was hopping to see my issue with spin drift zero resolved. I'm glad this thread is getting noticed.

Sorry if it seems like I'm changing the subject, but I've got another question with fte. When I zero the bullet drift from spin, fte also zero's the wind drift. When I physically sight in the rifle at 300yrds the spin drift is zerod. When I run fte and i throw in a 10mph 90deg wind it still shows no drift at my 300yrd zero. If I turn off the drift zero setting everything looks ok, but I know it's not taking into account the spin. Does this make sense to Any one, or do I just sound nuts. Maybe I'm just missing something . Thanks

I have noticed the same thing and I have lost confidence in this program . It seems to have strange ways of working that leaves me unsure of *** it is actually correcting for and Mr Zdziaskies support is unhelpfull , unlike Shooter which I like better .
The guy has a " zeroing " fetish that makes the program very difficult to use and when you turn things on or off you are unsure of what else is turned on or off.
10 times harder to use than the JBM website programs that it is supposed to emulate .

I just got an email from the author of the FTE app, Jonathan Zdziarski, concerning this thread. He reports "compatibility will be fixed in 2.5.1."

I'm not sure which part he is going to fix, but at least he is listening to us and making improvements to the app.

Yeah he responds to bad press on a site but does not return support emails or answers questions in a way you can't understand *** he is talking about .
Or answers a question you did not ask. I will never buy another app by this guy .

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.