Ballistics FTE question

Nikolakangrga

I have ballistics fte and noticed my POI at extended ranges are not quite on. I would like to change the MOA adjustments on my ballistic software to obtain correct muzzle velocity or BC's but now sure how? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just temp and elevation. But if my chrono is off then non of my adjustments would be correct. So if I have a "13 MOA" drop at 700 yards but my ballistic calculator is telling me 14.5, how can i change that in my ballistic software (fte) so it re calculates whatever it needs too? Or does manufactor BC's always get you very very close?

Well the other day i was out shooting and i was having the same problem and absolute pressure was way more accurate. I was about 1.5 moa off at a 1000 and stared looking at what i had inputed into my soft ware. The more accurate i got with that the closer i got try absolute pressure and put your elevation to zero and see if that helps.

The software doesn't appear to offer trajectory validation/feedback(which is normal).
So you trial & error your velocity or BC until the solution(in MOA) is correct as field validated.
Since you don't know your velocity, tweak that first, while using listed bullet BC.
Then you can tweak the BC a little to get multiple distance solutions as close as you can.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.