Question on reloading for 7PRC

For fire forming new brass, I use whatever bullet I have that I don't mind spending downrange for this activity. Yes, that bullet is fine.
I'm kidding but thanks anyhow Bob. I've been behind a press for 35+ years thanks to my Dad. Might swap to 140 BT's soon for some velocity

Last edited:
I'm about to jump off in some 168 ABLR's.
Tell me something about seating depth.
But don't tell me to get them close to touching. This throat is loooong.
Photo is .095 jump

Attachments

• IMG_5756.jpeg
    IMG_5756.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
Photo is .095 jump

It looks like you have plenty of bullet shank left to move that bullet out and still have adequate grip inside of the neck. That would get the shank out past the potential "donut" area too.

I usually start at .020-.030 when working up a load, these are hunting rounds, I've been down the road of being to close to the lands and having jammed the bullet enough that when I pulled it out, powder was everywhere. Here's an article I found informative of how much bullet needs to be in the neck.https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2007/04/radical-wolf-pup-case-for-hunter-br/

Might have to ream an LE Wilson seater blank. I have one.
regular seating dies have given me mixed results over the years on runout when I get "too far" out in the neck.
need that Zero press…need need want want spend spend

Photo is .095 jump
I've been running them in my STW right at .060" off, .050" was good too, but I ran out of room. Mine are loaded up right at mag length with about .010" clearance. They actually work better with some jump.

Cheers.

I'm loading 175 gr ELDX, .020 off the lands, using V N560. Starting at 60 grains, gonna chrono the load and work up. Was hoping someone had a good safe load worked up.