Question on reload Ogive measurement

BirdDog50

Guys need your help... I need confirmation that I am correctly doing the calculation regarding a 300 Win Mag load... I used the appropriate tools to measure case base to Ogive...it's 2.7965... I want to start the reload with the Berger 210gr VLD Hunter 0.020 off the lands...so I need to have the reload measure 2.7750 base to Ogive...correct? I'm using IMR 7828 SSC with 68.4 grains to start...no sure what the actual COAL will be but 3.52 est. but it works in magazine... Thanks!

Guys need your help... I need confirmation that I am correctly doing the calculation regarding a 300 Win Mag load... I used the appropriate tools to measure case base to Ogive...it's 2.7965... I want to start the reload with the Berger 210gr VLD Hunter 0.020 off the lands...so I need to have the reload measure 2.7750 base to Ogive...correct? I'm using IMR 7828 SSC with 68.4 grains to start...no sure what the actual COAL will be but 3.52 est. but it works in magazine... Thanks!
That is correct. 2.7765 if you want to be as anal as I am 😂

You determined the CBTO with the Berger 210 and it contacts the lands with a measurement of 2.7965, correct? If that is the correct, if you want to be 20 thou of the lands, your CBTO measurement would be 2.7765.

You have to determine CBTO with the exact lot of bullets you are using. All bullets will be different, yes even lots.

Good luck,
Steve

Yes, that's correct it is that Berger 210gr VLD Hunting bullet to contact the lands is at 2.7965. Thanks
Very good intel on checking future bullet lots!

I think I need to be anal as well :)