Question on load development

playersc

I am trying to develop a load for my Remington 700 VS. I will be using Lapua brass, Federal GM210M primers, Varget powder, and Lapua 155 Scenars. At this piont what should I eliminate next a bullet seating depth or a powder charge weight. All advice is welcome.

Do you want your ammo to feed through the magazine on your gun or would you rather load the rounds one at a time but have the bullets seated closer to the lands?

Oh, welcome to THE best long range hunting forum in all cyberspace. Please look around and settle in. Always good to have a new member.

In some respects, it appears that you have already done all your load development....on paper. This is usually good, you DO have to eliminate all the clutter and focus on the meat and potatos. However, there is more to load development than slight variations in the powder charge and seating depth.

Good hunting. LB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.