Question on grouse

I backpack into high country wilderness areas and hunt deer and elk with a muzzleloader.

I need a compact and quiet weapon to take the grouse encountered almost daily to cook in camp and think a quality air pistol may be the answer.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks
we do the same thing up here but mostly from wheelers getting to and from our base camp I carry a singl cock air pistol do to most shots being close last fall on the way out to my over watch and back I did 7 for camp meal

You would be surprised how accurate a wrist sling shot is when shooting marbles or ball bearings. Shots are usually close on these mountain chickens too. If your packing it in, every ounce counts.

.22 LR... The Ruger has worked great over the years just for that type of carrying and hunting. The old and new Mk series pistols are accurate enough and carry well. Just my 0.2 Cheers

1654182959464.png

I backpack into high country wilderness areas and hunt deer and elk with a muzzleloader.

I need a compact and quiet weapon to take the grouse encountered almost daily to cook in camp and think a quality air pistol may be the answer.

Thanks
Its hard to beat a Crosman 1300 pistol in 177 or 22. You can pump it up or down. It is extremely accurate. General consensus is that 22 caliber may be better for hunting. I have killed a lot of gray squirrels with a 177 though and they are tougher than grouse, I assume. Im not sure of the 22 cal speed but I think the 177 is about 600 fps. You can also put a shoulder stock on it but that replaces the grip, it is not "Quick" detachable.

Attachments

• 1300 heg-airgun08.jpg
    1300 heg-airgun08.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 45

Thanks
Quality slingshot using split lead shot is very quiet and lethal to grouse