Question on Badlands bullets

From my experience, they seem to attain velocities between what you would expect from a Barnes, and a standard cup and core, at least some of them. For some reason the 140 .277 bullet runs as fast or faster than c&c bullets do, but the 205 .30 cal runs about like a 215 Berger. I would look at a cartridge that would run a 168 Berger at 3000-3100 comfortably out of a 22", that way you will for certain have enough hp.

From my experience, they seem to attain velocities between what you would expect from a Barnes, and a standard cup and core, at least some of them. For some reason the 140 .277 bullet runs as fast or faster than c&c bullets do, but the 205 .30 cal runs about like a 215 Berger. I would look at a cartridge that would run a 168 Berger at 3000-3100 comfortably out of a 22", that way you will for certain have enough hp.
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Gday wedgy
I think it has a lot more to do with terminal performance than people give it credit for, especially when you get into heavy for caliber bullets, they want to tip over and the only thing keeping them going straight is the spin. A bullet would actually be more stable flying backwards. After seeing bullets make a 90 degree turn or fold like a banana once they hit an animal I think the only explanation is they were under spun and not stable enough. I run 6.5T in my 6mm barrels, 7T in .30 cal , and 8T in my .338's, hunting guns running monos not comp rifles.
And yes, it takes a long time to order a fast twist barrel, longer than getting a Manners stock.
I agree that terminal HAS shown that a increase in twist has helped , spin is only part of the equation though

Yet it is only a Band-Aid & the bigger one is to get the companies to start to look @ how a well balanced pill vrs a pill that is less balanced behaves terminally & reacts terminally once in the critter is created for us so we get better results

So get out there people & push all the companies to get better balanced pills as we all win

I'm not going to go into any specifics but it has been done with a couple of companies in various formats but always room to improve right 😇

But a little extra twist doesn't seem to hurt either ( still working on that & more testing is underway soon 🤞 ) so a good insurance buffer for what we use today regardless of brand

Nice post

Cheers