Question on an Eberlestock day pack

The Oregonian

First elk hunt this coming fall...will need a pack with a scabbard and enough room for the essentials as well as a spotting scope and tripod, it won't be an overnight pack, just for full day excursions.

I wouldn't like to spend any more than necessary but price is not the main factor. I want something that will allow me to enjoy my hunt and have easy access to things I may need quickly (rifle, rangefinder, etc) and enough room for various clothes as the weather changes or we get on a hard hike, water, snacks, etc.

Seems like the gun runner and team elk seem to fit the bill, with the team elk giving easier access to spotting scopes, etc. I am not concerned with the extra $100 if the team elk is the way to go.

Any input or advice from folks who have owned and used any of these in a similar way to how i will use mine?

Thx

Tom

Gunrunner is a good pack, I'm on my second year with the Phantom pack. I like the front access and the scabbard handles my competition rifles with ease. I use it for hunting in Hells Canyon and for PRS style shooting. Plenty of room for a spotter and tripod also. Great zippers and the quality expected from Eberlystock. Good luck

Eberlestock packs are way too heavy for their capacity. They are not nearly as comfortable under heavy loads as the competition either.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.