• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Question about these shot shell hulls - not sure where else to ask.

SixDemonBag

I've been lugging these around for years now and ready to offload them but not sure of their value. Any trap/skeet shooters/reloaders that can chime in? Thanks.

Wi

D0A79191-1F7A-450C-A74D-E7A210E46D38.jpeg

F4A9417C-595D-4320-9186-C260E8F2A790.jpeg

BE2A3E06-8C1C-4DCF-BD8D-29408003DDBA.jpeg

Trapshooters.com might be a place to list them for sale. I see hulls for sale on there at times.

How many hulls do you have?
Shipping these days makes it hard to sell small quantities.

I tried selling 12/20/410 once fired hulls locally (low brass and high brass)- clay pigeon boxes full of them-- no one would bite, not even for $5 per box....I ended up throwing them away because I never even had anyone inquire (would have given away for free if someone wanted them)--- I guess people just don't reload shotshells as much anymore in my area anyway

I tried selling 12/20/410 once fired hulls locally (low brass and high brass)- clay pigeon boxes full of them-- no one would bite, not even for $5 per box....I ended up throwing them away because I never even had anyone inquire (would have given away for free if someone wanted them)--- I guess people just don't reload shotshells as much anymore in my area anyway

When shot prices hit $50/25# bag and then unobtainable, similar for primers, it really took the steam out of many shot shell reloaders. Especially early on when the local WalMart was selling shells for $4.99/bx and $19.49/100. Even I stopped loading low brass bird and target loads during that time and stored up on the cheap shells. One season, I even found a clearance sale on Federal Gold Medal 12ga, 3dr 1-1/8 target for only $5/box, and bought out the entire lot. I still have 21 boxes of those.

Locally and for years, I hit the nearby skeet/trap informal range, and the trash cans were full of hulls of all sizes, brands, types, etc. I brought home so many thousands, I had to stop.

The good old days! Walking into a WalMart and finding dozens of these on clearance for $5/bx.

Attachments

• IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited: