• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Question about a rifle price

freebird63

I am considering selling my semi custom 280 Ackley Improved, it has a 26 inch barrel, 1-9 twist, jewell trigger, boyds thumbhole stock, its bedded.
Currently it has a nightforce 20moa rail, sightron 3- 6-24X50-mil-dot reticle, nightforce medium height 30mm rings.
Its an awesome gun, I have only shot it maybe 30 times, so it has less then a 100 rounds through it. The last time I shot it I was using 162gr A-max with H1000 powder, WLR primers and put 4 holes the size of a quarter at 200 yards.
I have 100 rounds of brand new nosler brass and 2 sets of dies, 1-Lee full length resizer dies and 1-set of Redding dies-comp seater die and neck sizer die.
I hate to sell it, but not having a job, the bills are piling up.
Would it be better to just sell the gun or sell everything as a package deal. When the time comes that I guy another rifle, it will be a 7mm.
Any idea on where to start with a price???????
Thanks for any input.
I am not sure what brand the barrel is or who built it, got it from a gunsmith from in Utah.

I'd keep the scope or sell it separate. I'd hold back the dies & brass & try to sweeten the deal some with them. If one wants to low-ball you hold them back too for a later sale.

I have a custom 22-250, one never gets back what they have into it.

You pretty much said the same thing I was feeling. Its an awesome gun and really hate the thought of selling it. I guess if the right deal comes along and I can't say no I will have seriously entertain the offer. Thank you for you input.

The bolt is not jeweled, everything is kinda flat black type of SS. I can post some pictures....have to find where I put them..which computer

I hope they worked...the pictures?????

Attachments

• DSCN2914.jpg
    DSCN2914.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN2921.jpg
    DSCN2921.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN2913.jpg
    DSCN2913.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 18