• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 223 Ammo, 3500 rounds, question about sales and shipping

BrentM

My buddy and I were discussing selling his ammo. He has 3500 rounds, mostly unopened boxes of FMJ, 55 grain, 223 ammo. I have never sold ammo and am unaware of shipping rules via UPS, Fed ex, etc. I see on UPS you can ship it but it didn't list a quantity. Any advice on this subject?

It would but I was asking about the process of selling and shipping ammo. I have not done this before and don't want to put the cart before the horse. If it is prohibitive I will sell it locally instead via a forum.

You need to mark the box and apply the blue ORM-D small arms ammunition stickers. I made my own, which is fine. You can even print them and tape them on with packing tape.

For UPS you will have to drop it off at the local hub. You can't ship it from the local UPS store or other provider, it has to be a hub. For some that's easy, others not. My nearest one is 35 miles so I avoid shipping ammo due to the time and hassle factor.

No, you can't legally mail ammunition.

There is hub not too far from my house. I shipped a couple rifles from there but never ammo. Do they charge hazmat fees or just weight like any other package?

Thanks guys. Sorry to be a pain. I will get the ammo specifics and see if anyone is interested.

Here is what he wants to sell. Need to figure out shipping. Let me know how the prices look to you. I have pictures too, will get them up.

1000- Federal American Eagle 52 gr HP. $200/500 (1 carton open to take pic, other unopened

1000- Black Hills (reman) 68 gr Match HP- $375/500 (Unopned)

SPF- 1000 - Sheep Dog, 55gr FMJ. (unopened)

There is a section on gun broker covering legal shipping and methods as well as carriers for guns and ammo. I think it would have what you need to know.

Jeff