Question .. 7.62x39 AR15. Got lucky Very accurate

NDAR15MAN

I bought a complete gun , 7.62x39 AR15 from Bear Creek Arms. 16 inch barrel. I took a chance on it at $365.00 total for the whole gun ! Free shipping to FFL ! Then another $25.10 for the transfer.
I am stunned !!! The gun is really accurate with all over counter ammo. But we're I am really stunned is that it is shooting the cheap Russian steel case ammo at 1 1/8 inch groups at 100 yards. Out of the box , I DID NOT even have to add the longer firing pin to punch those hard Russian primers like my friend did with his gun last month.
Right out of box , I did not even clean it , gave it 6 squirts of lub on it and took it to range yesterday. I shot the TULA Russian steel case 122 FMJ , it is 18 cents a round for a 1000 rounds.
I still have 5 different Russian brands and grs of ammo I am going to test this week if I can get out to range. It could even shoot tighter groups with some of this other Russian steel case ammo.
This gun is so much fun to shoot because so cheap to shoot. Not sure if all their 7.62x39 guns shoot this good leaving factory but I know 2 guns that do. Soon as I find out what brand of Russian steel case it shoots the best I am going to buy 5000 to 10,000 . Enough to get me to the funeral home. ha ha ha.
NOW FOR MY QUESTION.....I never have reloaded and don't know a lot about it.
But was wondering how light a bullet could you reload for a 7.62 x39 ? If you could load let's says 80 to a 100 rd bullet what kind of speeds could a guy get out of that shell ? Man if I guy could reload a 80 to 100 gr bullet for it , what a coyote hunting round it could be !
Your thoughts on how small of gr bullet a guy could reload in it and a estimate what the fps would it be. Thanks. Marty

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.