Pulled bullets?

When you pull bullets do you reuse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If they look good, I reload them and hunt with them.
Six months ago, I bought a mixed batch of reloaded 7x57, maybe 160 rounds.
I pulled them all weighed and identified the bullets as well as the powders, inspected the cases and then loaded up 2 boxes, cleaned, sized and primed the rest of the brass. I probably threw out less than 5% of the bullets and about a third of the brass.
Fortunately, the person that reloaded these liked Speer and Sierra bullets so identifying them wasn't much of a problem.
But the boxes must have gotten dropped and mixed up.
They were all mixed in boxes, even though each box was marked with load data.
A collet puller die works well for me.

Depends on if there is any visible damage to the bullet.
If no damage (like nose deformities or bad bearing surface deformities other than minor scuffing), I reload them and shoot them for steel/paper.
If there is damage, I toss them. Since I do very little barrel cleaning, I don't have too many "fouling" shots.

Neck tension is a big determining factor to bullet deformities when they come out, and since I usually stay within .001" to .002" neck tension, that really limits the possibility for deformation.

A kinetic puller is usually easier on bullets than a grip type puller. Put a piece of foam in the bottom and bang away. Just look after each whack and go easy when the bullet gets close.

Have never seen a difference using them on target. If they're pulled using a collet, those tiny marks that are left disappear on the bullets journey down the bore anyway.
Those pulled by inertia were getting tip damage when I used one, so I placed some dense foam in the bottom to stop it, other than that they shot just the same as well.

Cheers.

Pulled and re-used if it's in good condition. Some are plinking rounds, some are just as new.
Ones that have heavy marks get melted and reused that way.

Have never seen a difference using them on target. If they're pulled using a collet, those tiny marks that are left disappear on the bullets journey down the bore anyway.
Those pulled by inertia were getting tip damage when I used one, so I placed some dense foam in the bottom to stop it, other than that they shot just the same as well.

Cheers.
I have a CH4D puller and the collets are really good compared to a RCBS puller, I polished them to make the bullets fall out. No marks, just from the case neck but yeah who cares they shoot fine.

Recent Posts