Prvi partizan

Iron Worker

PRVI PARTIZAN how does this brass compare to W-W or Hornady or Norma and Lupua in 22/250 .
Also today I chronographed identical loads in Hornady brass and W-W Brass . W-W brass shot 60 FPS .faster . So thicker brass ,smaller combustion chamber higher pressures = higher velocities . But I can't find in W-W 22/250 brass anywhere )-: .

I'm also curious if anyone has experience with this brass. I just picked up 200 cases for my 7mm-08. I plan to start brass prep soon on these and 250 once-fired military 5.56x45 cases.

I bought 100 rounds of this brass, and prepped 25 rounds and have been using it for a month, I annealed and turned the necks on just those 25, it seems to be ok, I had to trim all of them along with de burring primer pockets, I thought primer pockets on most were tight so I put primers in by hand held squeeze type seater because press wouldn't seat them deep enough. but I have shot some of the 25, 5 or more times with no issues.

I have been using some in priv part in a 7-08 it seems it holds about 2 gr less than winchester, I can't seem to get to the same velocity with it as with winchester before getting pressure signs also same as red dawg said primers pockets are tight and some do not fit well in certain shell holders , not sure exactly why but it seems like the rim is thicker on some pcs than others in the batch some go in and out smooth & some are hard to get into the shell holder at all

I have been using some in priv part in a 7-08 it seems it holds about 2 gr less than winchester, I can't seem to get to the same velocity with it as with winchester before getting pressure signs also same as red dawg said primers pockets are tight and some do not fit well in certain shell holders , not sure exactly why but it seems like the rim is thicker on some pcs than others in the batch some go in and out smooth & some are hard to get into the shell holder at all

Sounds like they should be comparable to the Federal brass that makes up most of my 7mm-08 brass. I have some Nosler and Norma brass that I save for my good hunting ammo.

The weight consistency of PPU brass in .223 Rem was poorer than R-P, Federal, PMC, and Lake City brass. There was also a lot of difference in PPU average case weights depending on the year of manufacture. This info was only collected from .223 Rem / 5.56 cases.

I have used it some in 308,7mm-08 ,22-250 and 270. I've exspiranced the same as everyone else. But the biggest was weight variation.

They used to have a reputation for loose primer pockets. I wonder if they tried to fix that and went too far the other way.

Their factory ammo has shot suprisingly well for me, compared to other inexpensive ammo that is.

It also comes annealed from the factory.

I like it as much as other domestic brass. I always buy Lapua when it's available though.

And the trimming I had to do, by the way I just got finished with the rest of the bag about 70 was pretty miimal .001 to .003 and some were exact length If I cant find the nosler custom I would purchase these again. they shoot very well, and I have shot 40 to 50 rounds without a flyer I pick Privi over federal all day

I have shot a lot of PPU brass in 7.5x55, 6.5x55 and 7.62x54R in my vintage military match rifles and walked away with first place a good many times. It seems to be just as good as most any other cases when match prepped. It holds up really well for me. Matter of fact in 7.62x54R the PPU and Lapua shoots the same load to the same POI and just as accurate and last just as long and is MUCH less expensive.

I weighed the 200 7mm-08 cases I got as I took them out of the bags, but I haven't yet sorted them. I will probably weigh and sort then after I get them prepped. Straight from the factory they ranged from 174.1gr to 179gr. The mean was 176.7gr, with a standard deviation of 0.9gr. Visually they didn't look too bad, with only a couple dented mouths, and none that sizing won't take care of. Not sure how those weights compare to other brands, but it seems to fit what I remember from the Federal brass I got when I bought the rifle (yes, I should take better notes).

Purchased a bag of 100 in 7mm-08. Only had 39 of those that I could seat a primer in . The rest went in the recycle bin.
Purchased a bag of 100 in 243 and I'm still loading them, haven't annealed them yet though they probably need it after 6 loadings.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.