PRS rifle with 2nd barrel

stevieb92

Picked a random load and started shooting. I'm not sure it's worth my time (and barrel life) to do a load development routine. For PRS, it will work just fine. I'm always the reason for a miss... lol

PRS Rifle with second barrel 02.jpg

PRS Rifle with second barrel final target.jpg

PRS Rifle with second barrel magnetospeed.jpg

Do you need almost 3000 fps for PRS (suggest you do not). You probably will see decreased barrel life vs slowing down to the next node. Beautiful rig - I live in MPA country and big fan of "Infantry Blue"!

Do you need almost 3000 fps for PRS (suggest you do not). You probably will see decreased barrel life vs slowing down to the next node. Beautiful rig - I live in MPA country and big fan of "Infantry Blue"!

Thanks! You're right, I don't "need" 3000 fps for this game, but it gives a slight wind advantage over other more popular cartridges used. Specifically, the 6BR family. When they have to hold a few tenths for wind, I can hold straight up and get an impact. The first barrel in this rifle I was running around 3135 fps and got a little over 2100 rounds out of it. When I pulled it off, it would still print a 100 yard group around .5 moa, but a random flier was getting more common along with a significant loss of velocity.