Prototype Muzzle break

WTG Jerry ... congrats!

Ed

Thank you very much.

Its nice to get some support from people like you, when you try to help the sport of shooting especially in the current environment.

Shooting and hunting have been a part of my life for 55 years and I would like to contribute something back . (Sounds Hokey but it,s true).

J E CUSTOM

Congratulations Jerry!!

That's great news and I'm happy for you.

After watching your video demonstrating the barrel flex I will never have a top ported MB on anything less than a .50 cal!

You had some great 'advisers' there also.

One day we'll sit and chat and you can tell me all about the patent and trademark process. I'm sure it's as tedious as trying to buy a suppressor!

Good work Sir,

DocB

Congratulations Jerry!!

That's great news and I'm happy for you.

After watching your video demonstrating the barrel flex I will never have a top ported MB on anything less than a .50 cal!

You had some great 'advisers' there also.

One day we'll sit and chat and you can tell me all about the patent and trademark process. I'm sure it's as tedious as trying to buy a suppressor!

Good work Sir,

DocB

Thanks Doc.

It is a hassle and a very large investment.

First you have to assemble all of your designs and descriptions of what you have designed and It,s function with all documentation and hire a patent attorney to go through it with you, then he has to fly to DC to do a patent search to find anything that is close or similar for review. after reviewing,
anything close has to be presented for clarification of the difference between your design and theirs.

The board reviews your application and determines if you will be infringing on other patents or not.

If it is excepted you have to submit a final application with all of the other documents (To make sure you didn,t change anything from the approval process.

After it is excepted, I will learn what I have to do for the final patent.

This was the short version and the process has changed over the years In some areas.

Cost has gone up from the last patent ($16,000.00 to over $20,000.00) and so has the lawyer fees.

J E CUSTOM

thanks doc.

It is a hassle and a very large investment.

First you have to assemble all of your designs and descriptions of what you have designed and it,s function with all documentation and hire a patent attorney to go through it with you, then he has to fly to dc to do a patent search to find anything that is close or similar for review. After reviewing,
anything close has to be presented for clarification of the difference between your design and theirs.

The board reviews your application and determines if you will be infringing on other patents or not.

If it is excepted you have to submit a final application with all of the other documents (to make sure you didn,t change anything from the approval process.

After it is excepted, i will learn what i have to do for the final patent.

This was the short version and the process has changed over the years in some areas.

Cost has gone up from the last patent ($16,000.00 to over $20,000.00) and so has the lawyer fees.

J e custom

****!!!:)

I am looking at re-barreling a 700 in 7RM to another caliber (do not know if I am going to stick with one of the 7mm's or go to one of the 30's yet) but I do know that I will put a brake on it. From what I have seen it looks like you have a very good design, do you know or have any idea of the price at which your brake will be set at yet? I will not do anything until the beginning of this next year, but I want to start to get the pieces together for the build.

Thanks

I am looking at re-barreling a 700 in 7RM to another caliber (do not know if I am going to stick with one of the 7mm's or go to one of the 30's yet) but I do know that I will put a brake on it. From what I have seen it looks like you have a very good design, do you know or have any idea of the price at which your brake will be set at yet? I will not do anything until the beginning of this next year, but I want to start to get the pieces together for the build.

Thanks

Thanks for considering my brake. It is developing well and the test are proving that Tuning it
increases the recoil reduction by 10 to 15 % on some calibers. I have been ask "How and what is tuning" . it involves matching each port to the pressure it will see by machining it. (Like tune the ports on a racing engine).

I am the only one doing this and the Assassin responds well to this process. other brakes don't have the proper design for this.

The brake already does better than any brake I have tested it against, Most brakes start around 35%
and go to just over 50%. The Assassin starts at 55% (The lowest reduction we have found) on the very smallest cartridges and over 70% on the very largest cartridges (Where you need the most reduction you can get).

I am developing a Web Site that will make it much easier for everyone to get the information needed, but for now just PM me and I will answer your questions.

If it sounds like I am bragging, I am. there are many good brakes available that do a good job of reducing recoil. and the only reason to buy an Assassin is for Maximum Recoil Reduction and sound
from a brake.

Thanks

J E CUSTOM

J E when you talk of tuning for different calibers, is this with the same brake and you have screws that you adjust to get the ports right?

J E when you talk of tuning for different calibers, is this with the same brake and you have screws that you adjust to get the ports right?

The brake for the 50 BMG has the set screws. The smaller versions (fits .223 to .458 +calibers) and does not have set screws but if the rifle/pistol is threaded I have timing washers for the do it yourself people. Or the Smith can time the brake when he threads the Tenon.

The tuned brake is the same design it is just machined/Tuned for a specific cartridge to improve the performance even more.

The 50 BMG brake can be tuned but on the Barrett M82 A1 (A recoil operated rifle) to much reduction will prevent it from operating properly. I can tune the Assassin For other 50 caliber rifles that are bolt or gas operated and reduce recoil even more.

Lots of people are using the Assassin without tuning and are very happy with 55% to 60% recoil reduction.
reduction. Tuning helps all cartridges but the real benefit is with the large overbore cartridges
for Long range hunting/shooting. On some of the cartridges tested the Assassin has exceeded
70% recoil reduction. Even though the tuned Assassin reduces the DB's I still recommend hearing
protection for any rifle/pistol with or without a muzzle brake.

Hear is a link to my new Web Site (Still under construction) that may answer some of your questions.

Home - JECustom

Thanks

J E CUSTOM

The brake for the 50 BMG has the set screws. The smaller versions (fits .223 to .458 +calibers) and does not have set screws but if the rifle/pistol is threaded I have timing washers for the do it yourself people. Or the Smith can time the brake when he threads the Tenon.

The tuned brake is the same design it is just machined/Tuned for a specific cartridge to improve the performance even more.

The 50 BMG brake can be tuned but on the Barrett M82 A1 (A recoil operated rifle) to much reduction will prevent it from operating properly. I can tune the Assassin For other 50 caliber rifles that are bolt or gas operated and reduce recoil even more.

Lots of people are using the Assassin without tuning and are very happy with 55% to 60% recoil reduction.
reduction. Tuning helps all cartridges but the real benefit is with the large overbore cartridges
for Long range hunting/shooting. On some of the cartridges tested the Assassin has exceeded
70% recoil reduction. Even though the tuned Assassin reduces the DB's I still recommend hearing
protection for any rifle/pistol with or without a muzzle brake.

Hear is a link to my new Web Site (Still under construction) that may answer some of your questions.

Home - JECustom

Thanks

J E CUSTOM

Bookmarked!

Ed

Attachments

• thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg
    thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 92
The snipers report that after 30 or 40 rounds they had some cases of nose bleeding from the
pressure wave and that if you try to shoot it with only ear plugs it was known to blow them
out of your ears from the pressure inside of the sinuses.

The bleeding will actually start in half that amount. My team had a 10 round limit for the spotter because he is the 1 who receives the brunt of all these effects because he is not directly behind the rifle.

I would like to see a U-TUB WITH THE 338 lapua- 300GR to see the difference in muzzle brake. Joe

I have a couple of 338 Lapua's in the works and will test them as soon as they are built.

Calculations on the 338 Lapua show the recoil to be between 60% and 65% with the tuned Assassin and the 300 grain bullets.

So far the Calculations have been spot on. But I still like to verify the results.

J E CUSTOM

The bleeding will actually start in half that amount. My team had a 10 round limit for the spotter because he is the 1 who receives the brunt of all these effects because he is not directly behind the rifle.

First : Thank you for your service.

That was the motive behind the design of the Assassin muzzle brake.

The big 50 gets to everyone within 15 or 20 feet when fired and especially the spotter.

If you watch the video you can see the difference for the shooter and especially the spotter.

There is an easy way to find the videos. the website is not complete yet but we have a link to the You Tube videos on it.

Just Google a search for jecustom.com and it will link you to all of the videos.

Thanks

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.