Proof Research

ml williford

Needing help. I'm buying parts for a build. Going with a Proof Research barrel. When I went to buy it has a listing of Sendero and Sendero light. What's the difference and why should I buy? Caliber will be 264 mag.

Needing help. I'm buying parts for a build. Going with a Proof Research barrel. When I went to buy it has a listing of Sendero and Sendero light. What's the difference and why should I buy? Caliber will be 264 mag.
As mentioned the profile of the barrel is slightly lighter on the senders light. They have profile drawings on their website. I don't personally have one but I'm told the light is roughly the same profile as Remington Varmint.

I recently built a 264WM but had a reamer made for an improved case design. It wears a 28" Sendero profile proof.

5A4B1135-B7AF-462C-BA90-6CDB5338564A.jpeg

As mentioned the profile of the barrel is slightly lighter on the senders light. They have profile drawings on their website. I don't personally have one but I'm told the light is roughly the same profile as Remington Varmint.

I recently built a 264WM but had a reamer made for an improved case design. It wears a 28" Sendero profile proof.

View attachment 336731
Thanks for the help, just trying to find out if the light heats up fast or is it just a heavy barrel minus a few oz"s. I'm partial to heavy barrels but this gun is for my wife.

Thanks for the help, just trying to find out if the light heats up fast or is it just a heavy barrel minus a few oz"s. I'm partial to heavy barrels but this gun is for my wife.
I'm guessing it has to be a thinner profile blank but I don't know that for sure. I suppose that it's possible that they could lay up less carbon but I don't know that for sure.

Recent Posts