Problem with trespassers.

A buddy owns a small parcel close to me (75 ac) and is an absentee landowner. He bought the property 4 years ago and has had problems with trespassing ever since. His signs were stolen, so he put 4" steel pipe in concrete every 50 yds on the property lines.

He recently put up a Buckeye Apollo Trail cam to take pictures of any vehicle going down his drive, and the camera was set a good 3/8 mile off the road, set and locked in a bear proof steel box, cabled to the tree with a 3/8" Python lock. It was stolen within 3 weeks. (cable was cut) He's had other things damaged/stolen so the gloves are off now.

I'm the only one that has permission to hunt on the property. He will be sending a letter to the sheriff and Game Warden saying that I have permission to call them if I see any trespassers, AND he is going to prosecute every one, no warnings given.

Another buddy that has a 3,000 acre farm said that the authorities will respond a lot quicker if they know that everyone that they catch will be prosecuted.

Broz, I like your system. When I am on the property, I will be doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Broz, I like your system. When I am on the property, I will be doing the same thing.

Thanks! It is not a fun thing for sure. But something that has to be kept in check, and needs to be doneon a professional level even though most of the treaspasser are not. I just look at it like fixing fence. The elk keep knocking it down, and we keep putting it back up. Goes with the territory, " part of owning land" No sense letting get to ya.:)

Good hunting to ya!

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.