Primers!

I have a suspicion that the bulk of the large rifle primers are going to replenish the military stockpiles due to the stock drawdown
This is complete B.S. research it. We were using 52 million rounds a month when Iraq and Afghanistan was going on now 26 million a month goes to Ukraine.
WAS THERE SHORTAGES DURING
IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN?
People do your research theres alot of B.S. going around.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230427-033000_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230427-033000_Google.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20230328-061656_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230328-061656_Google.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20230415-115457_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230415-115457_Chrome.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 30
Well it goes to show you that the reqirements for primers is down. So there shouldn't be any shortages. I also note that Vista Outdoors ownes 3 suppliers of primers manufacturing. CCI,Rem, and Federal. In our fights in Afghan, and Irqa not going on any more. There should be one hell of a lot of primers out there.
Like I said before. In a shot day or a long afternoon the unit I was with we could go thru 450,000 round of ammo and that wasn't including tanks rounds or other machines flying around in the air or cannon fire.
So there shouldn't be a shortage of primers.
I love that Vista Outdoors was donating 1,000,000 rounds. Hell that wouldn't hardly last us 2 days, if back to back fire fights. D Troop 3/4 Cav 25 Inf. Div. 1969. When all 3 Troops were on line, 27 tanks, and 75 APC's. All carried 5000 rd of 50cal, 10,000 per 60x2, and just how much 16 ammo I don't know. That didn't count grenades, m-79 rounds, mortars including 4.2.
Time to start writting our Congreemen and Senators.

This is complete B.S. research it. We were using 52 million rounds a month when Iraq and Afghanistan was going on now 26 million a month goes to Ukraine.
WAS THERE SHORTAGES DURING
IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN?
People do your research theres alot of B.S. going around.
As I said, it is my "suspicion". Didn't say it was fact. But I do know this: Even though ammo expenditures are being reported to be down, it takes a huge amount to not only replenish whats been used but even more to build up stockpiles. Which is an ever going process. The DOD has been a bit surprised by the massive rate of usage. Im sure they are not going to be caught short again by not properly planning for this eventuallality again. Which will come. It always seems to happen. So they will go overboard on stockpiling. A couple of manufacturers are saying they are maxing out production. It seems no one else is saying one way or the other for sure. IF this is the case, where are they? Since no one wants to share solid verifiable facts, I'll stick with my original statement. I'll be glad to retract my "suspicion" if and when the other major manufacturer comes clean as to where the piles of primers are located. One thing is fact though. I have not seen LR primers in my LGS in over a year.

I know that when we got to talking about powder really hard. It began to show up. First it was shipping now it the war again. I didn't really seen any shortage after I got out of Nam. I saw shortage years after that in primers. I generally haven't purchase primes, because of the high prices presently. Brownnell has some BR2's but at $169 per brick. That about 4 times to high.
So I guess I will complain about it. Maybe something will happen. The fight with Russia I don't see it taking that much ammo to fight it. That's my gut feeling, nothing to back it up with presently.
I known the Fed's including IRS are purchasing large amount of 5.56 ammo. I haven't really seen where they have been in any gun fight either. Obama did that durning his term too. Maybe that's why they need the 87,000.00 people increase at the IRS. 🤣
I fear we may be stuck with inflated prices, it could be the new norm. I can't see them reducing prices in any case. As we come forward from Covid, companies are ramping up production again, slowly. Lots of folks decided to either quit or retire when it all hit the fan. It takes time to retrain and hire employees. We all know this. Added that there seems to be a "generation" now that has a rather poor work ethic. I've seen and had to experience this. Starting out new hires think they can demand 100k+ a year. To start. Yeah, right. Only in some industries. Hopefully, things will get better. Until then, we play catchup.

, it takes a huge amount to not only replenish whats been used but even more to build up stockpiles. Which is an ever going process. The DOD has been a bit surprised by the massive rate of usage.
Were does all this info come from Media?
News articles. How can stock piles be down when are usage is 50% of what it was 10 years ago?

Were does all this info come from Media?
News articles. How can stock piles be down when are usage is 50% of what it was 10 years ago?
As you say, do you believe everything the press or Administration says? The US is the largest supplier of arms and ammo in the world. Afghanistan, Iraq, and Ukraine are only a few of the customers. The US supplies countries the public is not privy to knowing. That's the way of things. One thing for sure, there one huge pile somewhere or it's being curtailed for a reason. I doubt the public will ever know any time soon.

Recent Posts