Primer Question

I'm wary too 436.
Powder Valley has Ginex primers from time to time and I have delt with them for many years now but that ZSR I have never seen.
I'll post a link but I'm not buying unless my brothers say they have used them and recommend them.
I have seen rifle primers make a difference in group size for a given load so I wonder if it would be a waste of money and time.

I'm wary too 436.
Powder Valley has Ginex primers from time to time and I have delt with them for many years now but that ZSR I have never seen.
I'll post a link but I'm not buying unless my brothers say they have used them and recommend them.
I have seen rifle primers make a difference in group size for a given load so I wonder if it would be a waste of money and time.
For what it is worth.

Last edited:
Southern Defense has the primers for sale but as 436 said we all are very wary of things we don't know a lot about and thankfully so.
Expansion Industries will be shipping their primers in the spring is what was stated on Southern Defense website so we may have another outlet for primer sourcing.
Some folks are buying Ginex primers as Powder Valley has them from time to time and they were gone the last time I looked.
I'll wait a while.

436 I agree the place you posted looks fishy,maybe not but maybe so I will avoid until I know otherwise.
The company I was referring to is Southern Defense.Here is a link about them.
I would still like to hear from someone that has done business with them.
It's a shame that we have to be so careful about the places we do business with.I used to be a trusting guy but not anymore!

I'm wary too 436.
Ol Roster,
Yeah, it really pays to look at the seller(s) very closely these days... On the primer making a difference, I think they do and it can be a major difference, when I was shooting a lot of LR, F-class with a .308 Win I found that the Russian-made Muron KVB-7 large primer worked better than the Federal Match 210M in my match load... There was a guy, we'd run into that would be at a couple of matches each year, and he'd sell the Russian primers out of the back of his car to all shooters. I'd pick a couple of cases up for both my LR .223 Rem and the .308 Win I saw a big difference as I said in the .308 Win not so much in the .223 Rem it remained about the same. Good Luck... Cheers

A neighbor saw an ad for Remington primers and had a question.
They list Remington 1 1/2 small pistol primers and 5 1/2 small pistol primers.
I think I remember one had a cup that was for 25,32,380 as it was softer but not sure.My memory is fading.
Sounds right?
1 1/2 for smaller calibers and 5 1/2 for larger calibers i like 9mm 38 and 357 and 40S&W?

A neighbor saw an ad for Remington primers and had a question.
They list Remington 1 1/2 small pistol primers and 5 1/2 small pistol primers.
I think I remember one had a cup that was for 25,32,380 as it was softer but not sure.My memory is fading.
Sounds right?
1 1/2 for smaller calibers and 5 1/2 for larger calibers i like 9mm 38 and 357 and 40S&W?
I'm thinking you're right the 5 1/2's have a heavy cup. Cheers

I bought ginex from some place in Ohio. He took credit cards so I gave it a try. It was legit. And every time I pull the trigger I get the expected result. I use these for load development and steel target plinking and save the CCIs for long range accuracy
edit
republic ammunition is where I purchased 2k

1674095079095.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been curious on the Ginex also because a local hardware store had some for awhile. Would they hold the pressure when you're pushing towards max? How consistent are they going to be?

Recent Posts