• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Price on Redfield

Krumfola

This post may not be in the correct forum so please advise me if it needs to be moved.

I'm trying to get the value on a scope that I have. It's a vintage Redfield 5-Star 4-12x40 with AO and the Accu-Trac (NOT Accu-Range) range-finding reticle that ranges from 200-600 yards. The BDC turret that corresponds to the range-finder is available for about $26 shipped but I do not have one. Scope is in excellent condition.

I've seen them for sale on ebay for around $385 but I have no idea if that's a realistic price. Let me know if you have a decent idea of it's value.

Keith

never had that exact same model but have had a handfull of 5 star redfields in the past. there decent scopes but nothing special. I personaly wouldnt give a dime over 200 bucks for it. For 300 right now on swfa you can buy a nikon monarch side focus 4x16 for 300 bucks brand new (not reconditioned) and its a much better scope opticaly.

I figured as much. I like it and just recently found out where to get the BDC turret. I guess I like so much for nostalgic reasons. Thanks for the info.

i like nostailia too. I love old muscle cars and some of products made in the good old days that were just made better but optics isnt one of those. the best glass you can buy is made today. the most optic for your dollar is the optics made today. You can buy a 100 dollar scope today that was good as about anything anyone used 20 years ago and for 300 you can buy a scope that flat out is better then anything you could buy at any price 20 years ago. At one time those redfields were considered a good scope. Keep in mind though that even then the 5 stars werent there top end scope. More of a midranged scope. You had the illuminators on top and the trackers down at the bottom. Another thing with an old scope is who knows if redfield still even has parts for them if something goes wrong. If i were you id be all over one of those nikons. I bought one and wish i could afford a couple more. Optics planet too has leupold vx2 4x12 ao blued matte scopes for 400 bucks which is a steal too. Ive got one of those comming for my new 300 ultra. Leupold is upgrading again and this is the version thats being replaced but ive got a half a dozen vx2 scopes and there dammed good scopes for the money. It must be upgrading time for everyone as theres great deals everywhere right now on quality scopes. Either upgrade time or there trying to get out tax returns:D

Recent Posts