• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

PRICE DROP 1909 Argentin Mauser Action

clay...try putting it on Mauser Central dot net. There might be someone there who might like to have it. I'm on the forum...same handle.

I have one 1909 my dad built as his hunting rifle back in the late 60's. He has told me I could rebarrel it (he knows I don't care for 25-06) but I couldn't do that. He totally carved the stock from a block of 100 year old Black Walnut that belonged to his uncle...way to much family history in it.

I have 5 others mausers, 4 of which I built. So I appreciate what you have.

clay...try putting it on Mauser Central dot net. There might be someone there who might like to have it. I'm on the forum...same handle.

I have one 1909 my dad built as his hunting rifle back in the late 60's. He has told me I could rebarrel it (he knows I don't care for 25-06) but I couldn't do that. He totally carved the stock from a block of 100 year old Black Walnut that belonged to his uncle...way to much family history in it.

I have 5 others mausers, 4 of which I built. So I appreciate what you have.
Thanks. I will give that website a try. I am honestly amazed that this receiver hasn't sold. There is nothing quite like a coustom sporter rifle built off a Mauser or pre 64 model 70. And of all the Mauser's, this is the one to have.
CaptnC, it sounds like your Dad left you a very fine rifle that he put his hart and soul into building. Those guns are priceless and I agree, it should be left as is. I built one myself on a FN commercial Mauser action that someday will handed down to my son along with others I've but many hours and hand work into.
Thanks again for your reply.

I'm surprised it's still available myself.

My 300wm VZ-24 BRNO is a kind of a Heinz 57 build. I like the 1909 Argentine bolt stop/release, so I have that. I like the Winchester style safety so I bought a custom altered military bolt shroud that has the Winchester style safety. CDI bottom metal, uses AI mags. Mark X bolt opened up for the magnum bolt face...lol

20171123_154533.jpg

Oh...the stock is from a mesquite tree I cut down...I did all the stock work too!

I'm surprised it's still available myself.

My 300wm VZ-24 BRNO is a kind of a Heinz 57 build. I like the 1909 Argentine bolt stop/release, so I have that. I like the Winchester style safety so I bought a custom altered military bolt shroud that has the Winchester style safety. CDI bottom metal, uses AI mags. Mark X bolt opened up for the magnum bolt face...lol

View attachment 89227

Oh...the stock is from a mesquite tree I cut down...I did all the stock work too!
Lol I would have to agree on the Heinz 57 part but it works and that is a beautiful rifle. It makes me very happy inside when I see people out there taking the time and effort to learn how to do these things, then having the patience & craftsmanship to do them correctly. With every generation we are getting less and less people with this type of mind set and ability. I am only 30 years old and I can tell you for a fact that most people my age have no clue what true craftsmanship and hand work is. The sad part is most of them could care less about it and that makes me sad because within a few more generations I believe it will be a lost art form. Below are some pictures of my 1948 FN Mauser. This rifle came into the shop when I was still working with a local master gunsmith by the name Eduardo Chahin. He is in his 70's and one amazing gunsmith and craftsman. The rifle came in for sell and sat in the shop for a few months but everyone over looked it because it had this huge benchrest style stock that was unusable for anything but sitting on a bench. Well every once in awhile I would go look it over and I could just see the rifles potential with a little hard work and know how. Did a little research based off some markings and come to find out, this rifle was barreled in the 1950's by original gunsmith J. Dewey who's grandson now owns Dewey cleaning rods. He made is own barrels and this was the man Ed Shilen worked with before he went out on his own. There business was called SS&D. Ed was there during the time this rifle was barreled and I talked to him to confirm this. I looked at the barrel with a bore scope and it showed lots of life left in it. This rifle had been sitting up for many many years. So I bought the rifle for $400 and began to tear it apart and start working on it. I removed about 50% of the wood on the stock and reshaped it into a varmint style stock "it was basically an inletted log lol", Made the grip cap out of a piece of cocobolo, fit a decelerator recoil pad, installed sling studs, pulled the polished barrel and bead blasted it matte, remarked the caliber, jeweled the bolt, reshaped the squared factory Mauser trigger guard to give better aesthetics, high polished trigger guard and receiver, & reblued them. After all this it was now time to see if my many many hours of work would pay off so off to the range we went. With the first powder and bullet combo I tried "50gr Vmax & varget" she will print 5 shot .5 MOA and under groups. 4 of the best $100 bills I ever spent. Sorry for the extremely long post but if it gets one person out there to pick up a file and try to make somthing, it was worth it.

Attachments

• A13F6E91-38EC-4A09-A347-BF92F0ECC002.jpeg
    A13F6E91-38EC-4A09-A347-BF92F0ECC002.jpeg
    526 KB · Views: 44
  • 17FB804E-FC45-48B3-90DD-3EAE25472A50.jpeg
    17FB804E-FC45-48B3-90DD-3EAE25472A50.jpeg
    578.2 KB · Views: 25
  • D90F90C1-231D-4D9E-BEBA-B6DF5ECDCC4E.jpeg
    D90F90C1-231D-4D9E-BEBA-B6DF5ECDCC4E.jpeg
    590.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 046C0365-B13F-44A3-9FC3-1A2F4119278E.jpeg
    046C0365-B13F-44A3-9FC3-1A2F4119278E.jpeg
    665.2 KB · Views: 24
  • D4253987-18C1-46FD-AE0E-447DF172E8DB.jpeg
    D4253987-18C1-46FD-AE0E-447DF172E8DB.jpeg
    700.7 KB · Views: 24
  • EC1EACEB-5124-4780-9F72-8BD99118BF2B.jpeg
    EC1EACEB-5124-4780-9F72-8BD99118BF2B.jpeg
    698.3 KB · Views: 27
Very nicely done. I agree with everything you've said...doing anything your self is becoming a lost art.

I do my own taxidermy, built our back porch 16' x 62' (it's huge) on our house including the wiring for celling fans and lights...even did the shingels. Every screw was done by me. Built the boats shed for my offshore boat welded steel drill stem frame...

I have a M48 mauser I made/fabricated the bottom metal to take AI mags for a 308 build. I still need to clean up the welds a little before it finished, but it feeds perfectly.

I have no training...welding, gunsmthing, taxidermy, carpentry, electrical nor plumbing...I just do it...my dad hated it that I never drew up any plans when I build things...just build what needs to be built as I go...worked so far.

Not bad for a guy less that 60yo!

The M48...
20170611_101104.jpg

Very nicely done. I agree with everything you've said...doing anything your self is becoming a lost art.

I do my own taxidermy, built our back porch 16' x 62' (it's huge) on our house including the wiring for celling fans and lights...even did the shingels. Every screw was done by me. Built the boats shed for my offshore boat welded steel drill stem frame...

I have a M48 mauser I made/fabricated the bottom metal to take AI mags for a 308 build. I still need to clean up the welds a little before it finished, but it feeds perfectly.

I have no training...welding, gunsmthing, taxidermy, carpentry, electrical nor plumbing...I just do it...my dad hated it that I never drew up any plans when I build things...just build what needs to be built as I go...worked so far.

Not bad for a guy less that 60yo!

The M48...
View attachment 89292
Lol that's funny because I never drawn palans for anything either. I just see it in my mind and start doing it. That's another fine rifle and thank you sir for having the appreciation of doing things yourself. I hope you pass your knowledge along to another generation. And I want to add for other people reading these post, you might say it's easy for someone to say "pick up a file and build something" when you are trained and work with a gunsmith. Well Unfortunately I was only able to work for him for two years part time before I had to quite do to starting a family and needing to find more money part time. I'm a firefighter full time. But what got me the job with him was gun work I brought to him and showed him. And all the stuff I did before I worked with him was learned from gunsmithing books, the internet, and the willingness to accept the fact that you going to ruin some things. Just have to learn from it and do it again until you get it right. A lot of this gunwork isn't all that difficult. Just have to have patience and go very slow.