• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

PRICE CHECK? Ruger M77 Varmint 22-250 (90s vintage)

entoptics

Friend of a friend is interested in this rifle, and I want to know a fair price. I'm willing to take a little cut in order to avoid the hassles/fees of an internet sale (gunbroker, classifieds, etc).

Rifle is in great condition, with a few very minor stock scuffs and blueing wear. ~200 rounds down range in the last 25 years. I plan to include reloading dies, ~200 fired brass, and Ruger OEM 30mm scope rings.

What do you think is a fair asking price?

D56_0339.jpg

D56_0345.jpg

D56_0353.jpg

D56_0346.jpg

Last edited:
For my local area, that used Ruger 77 "tang safety" model would go for about $500. Figure half what you paid for the 30mm scope rings and half what you paid for the dies. Brass is the 'gift' you give your friend/local buyer. Add that up and now you have a starting point to dicker from. Good luck. I'm a big fan of the 'old' tang safety model 77s. They are great, under-appreciated rifles.

I bought same rifle a couple months ago, 22-250, unfired, Ruger medium rings, no marks anywhere, 400 rounds ammo, and I borescoped the barrel, it was flawless. Paid $500 from estate.

Thanks for all the replies. This definitely helps.

Hopefully I'll be meeting up with him in the next day or two, and now I have something to go on for negotiations.