• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Ruger M77 Varmint .22-250 (sold)

Trental

I have for sale a 1975 Ruger M77 Varmint in .22-250. This is a nice example of the earlier "tang safety" and red butt pad models. I don't know a lot about this particular rifle. I bought it last week from the original owner to replace my Remington 700 BDL "Varmint Special" in .22-250. My Remington is nearly pristine and I get a little anxious taking it out hunting in the field. So I thought I'd get this and sell my Remington since I am not a keeper of safe queens. So I thought. :rolleyes:

I can't get myself to let go of the beautiful Remington with it's amazing tiger striped stock. So, I am reselling the Ruger.

I took it out and shot it with some Remington 55gr SP factory rounds and it is a nice sub-MOA rifle (aren't all .22-250s). The bluing is still pretty nice over all. Shows some blue polished off at the tip of the barrel from gun case probably. Stock is in pretty good condition with no dents, cracks or big scratches. Trigger feels real nice and is adjustable. Bolt operates smoothly. The original owner seems to have taken good care of it. You don't see a lot of these old Varmint models for sale. I don't want to use the "rare" description but you certainly can't find many when searching through old GunBroker adds.

$450. Includes Ruger scope rings (scope and bipod not included).

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Last edited: