preppie Hunting Store manager

DLFant

So I took the Family to Yellowstone last week. Saw lots of wildlife and beautiful scenery. If you have not been there I would recommend it. On the second day we saw a grey Wolf he was alone in the middle of a big high mountain meadow about 10 in the morn. Then the thought occurred to me I should have brought my FOX PRO and we could probably see a lot more stuff then we are seeing. Don't know if it would be against the law or not but it was a good thought. The last day we were staying in Jackson hole. My wife and daughter wanted to go to the rubber hatchet stores and buy souvenirs. So I let them out and thought I will find a gun or sporting goods store. I am thinking I bet up here they probably got hunting stuff we haven't herd of back home. If you haven't been there it is a pretty small town and pretty touristy. Apparently more so than I realized. I got directions to one of the main sporting good stores and went in and was looking around. So in a while I ask the somewhat effeminate looking manager in the hunting "Does anyone ever call in Yellowstone just to see what might come? He got that deer in the Headlight look and said. " Huh" I said you know varmint call? Same look. I said Predator call? He honestly said I don't I have never heard of anything like that, Do people do that? I left there thinking He needs to be reassigned to women's cosmetics. Should'nt there be some criteria to working in a hunting store? LOL

... The last day we were staying in Jackson hole....
If you haven't been there it is a pretty small town and pretty touristy.

We have had the Jackson Hole experience - once.
I think Jackson Hole must have been a trial development for Disneyland ... the one that failed. Aside from the mosquitoes that form a dense fog in the air at various times of the year (which might interest entomologists) there aren't enough other attractions to make it worth the trip. :rolleyes:

Ha HA yes on the Disneyland fail. not to mention the $40 per plate meals at most of the resturants, we ended up at the Wal mart Deli most of the time lol

It is illegal to use any kind of call in the park, whether artificial or by just using your mouth. I watched a park officer write a warning once to a guy in a parking lot cow calling to the elk.
And steer clear of Jackson Hole for the most part, too many left coast transplants to get a "western mountain" experience!

Ben

Dang you need to resize that picture a little smaller. I know the elk is big but I think the picture is bigger.:)

Yes there were tree huggers every where. There was this one lady she had about 25 bumper stickers on her minivan saying slow down speed kills our precious animals. I stop for deer crossings and such. She seemed mad at the world and was rude a couple of timed in cluding to my daughter because she was in her flower shot. (We were stopped at a pull over) when I relized she belonged to the minivan. I waited for the right moment with my back to her as my wife was walking toward me from the other direction. I said "honey this is perfect we just gotta come back here poaching". LoL. I thought she was gonna attack me right there. HaHa

The majority of the time, most real Wyoming natives do not claim Jackson... Every time I drive thru there I get the feeling I need to wipe my feet before leaving the city limits.... There should be a state statute banning granola-munchers from permanent residence as it dilutes the gene pool. Shoot me a PM & i'll tell y'all how I really feel :rolleyes:

t

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.