Premium 22LR Rifles

Minute of squirrel the 39 is fine. It may well be the most accurate 22 YOU ever own, but after owning a dozen 39s over the years I can guarantee they aren't even the most accurate lever I ever owned, let alone remotely in the accuracy league of bolt action CZ.

Love the 39, but they were made as great offhand hunting rifles, and they excell at that, but they are not target guns.
With Lapua 22 I shoot 1/2"-1" with mine at 50 yards. As far as I'm aware that's pretty good.

Keep in mind I'm all for new stuff. I'm a young dude who builds rifles. I just have a good model 39.

Sometimes you just settle with what you have used for years and think about a pile of dead squirrels you have harvested. Then you read a thread or two and next thing you know you have a new rifle. I was overwhelmed at the positive reviews of the CZ. I'm glad I listened. I'm very happy with the 457. The old 10/22 will probably spend most of its life in the back of safe now.

This forum is the worst for that. I was happy with a lot of my factory rifles until I joined here. 😂
So freaking true!!!!
I used to be happy with 1 MOA. LOL.
Now if it's. 5 I'm like that's OK but we can do better. .3 is where I'm happiest.
Makes me work on things till I get what I am looking for. And it's freaking fun too

It's?? It's just crazy **** but unreal.

Just a simple build gone crazy and a few groups shot last Friday night when the winds went calm to a 3 mph from 10:00 direction while truing up a program - at 500 yards. Midas Plus ammo. 32.6 mils of vertical and 2.6 mils left for wind and spin drift.
Cheers
Osoh

Attachments

• IMG_2955.png
    IMG_2955.png
    440.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240406_072516.jpeg
    20240406_072516.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2880.png
    IMG_2880.png
    789.8 KB · Views: 34
Looks similar to my Vudoo but you have the Gen II Pro. I have one on order. It is a blast to reach out past 500 yards with a .22.

View attachment 562363
Yes they are and a great time. Very nice rifle Rob
I really like this rifle, what a great setup and extremely fun
By now you may know already - DI Precision built Vudoo 360 RB-LP 25"x1.25" 13 twist Mullerworks with tuner in the Pro II chassis, been using a Accu-Tac bi-pod I had on another rifle lately versus my Phoenix that goes with the 416.
But I will say all the years shooting the 375s and 416s, now out to 4200+ that we really appreciate these rigs - the 22s.
We use the same science as in the big guns but now we really need to watch and pay attention to.
Dwell time - break of the trigger vs bullet exit
My partner and I both noticed the cross hairs raising slightly after the shot at times - never seen that with heavy recoil
And winds and direction - high priority with the small pills running slow.

But the one thing that we really picked up at distance was the vertical dispersion or Aerodynamic Jump influences on a 9:00 wind pushing down and a 3:00 lifting. They seem to be 3X worse then a center fire at distance. The programs today are designed around super sonic center fires and not sub sonic small pills. We might need to look into the mathematical formula used on heavy artillery on ships to see what influences there are. I know Brian Litz is also looking at the 22 and air rifle growth and possibly we will see programs written around subsonic ammo in the near future.
Cheers

osoh
JH

If Ruger would fix their triggers, or someone like TriggerTech would make an aftermarket for them they would be an amazing rifle, rimfire, centerfire or whatever. I have just never been able to get a trigger fixed on one that suited me. I'm not the best shot by a big stretch and if the trigger has creep, or is heavy it just makes me worse. A buddy of mine shimmed his bolt in his 22 Hornet in Ruger 77, and it turned into a tack driver.
I had some sear work done years back and it helped the trigger a lot. I just found A Rifle Basix trigger for a really good price and I'm expecting that will really be a big help.
I also have a magazine article from way back with lots of photos showing how to modify the stock trigger to make it fully adjustable. Fairly easy to do~!

Yes they are and a great time. Very nice rifle Rob
I really like this rifle, what a great setup and extremely fun
By now you may know already - DI Precision built Vudoo 360 RB-LP 25"x1.25" 13 twist Mullerworks with tuner in the Pro II chassis, been using a Accu-Tac bi-pod I had on another rifle lately versus my Phoenix that goes with the 416.
But I will say all the years shooting the 375s and 416s, now out to 4200+ that we really appreciate these rigs - the 22s.
We use the same science as in the big guns but now we really need to watch and pay attention to.
Dwell time - break of the trigger vs bullet exit
My partner and I both noticed the cross hairs raising slightly after the shot at times - never seen that with heavy recoil
And winds and direction - high priority with the small pills running slow.

But the one thing that we really picked up at distance was the vertical dispersion or Aerodynamic Jump influences on a 9:00 wind pushing down and a 3:00 lifting. They seem to be 3X worse then a center fire at distance. The programs today are designed around super sonic center fires and not sub sonic small pills. We might need to look into the mathematical formula used on heavy artillery on ships to see what influences there are. I know Brian Litz is also looking at the 22 and air rifle growth and possibly we will see programs written around subsonic ammo in the near future.
Cheers

osoh
JH

Yup the ballistics of the little .22 is definitely a different animal than the larger cartridges. Wind in general is the biggest thing with them shooting out to longer ranges. As you mentioned the direction does make a good difference. All part of the fun though and good to have a great rifle to do it with.

Haven't read through the last 15 pages, but here's what I have to say.
I've been thinking of getting a lefty T1X or a lefty CZ 22, but then I remind myself that the most accurate 22 I'll ever own is already in my closet - a Marlin 39A. Don't have a need for anything else with that. It does need a new carrier rocker spring, though.
I see 39-A stuff for sale all the time on Ebay~!