Preferred Press for Precision Rifle?

I'm a Forster Co-Ax guy. Love it. Make my best loads using it. Bullet run out is zero for sure.
I've read this many times from Co-Ax owners.
I've also read the pros and cons in reviews and by forum members.

I wanted to get a Forster CoAx but for know I'm not fixing what's not broken because the CoAx is fairly pricey and my Hornady does the job so I'm holding out due to the expense.

That said I think that $1200 zero press might cost 3x a Forster if it becomes available in Australia. It' looks great in the UR review but as with all of them if I could combine the features I like most from several different brands I think I would settle on a version.

I've read this many times from Co-Ax owners.
I've also read the pros and cons in reviews and by forum members.

I wanted to get a Forster CoAx but for know I'm not fixing what's not broken because the CoAx is fairly pricey and my Hornady does the job so I'm holding out due to the expense.

That said I think that $1200 zero press might cost 3x a Forster if it becomes available in Australia. It' looks great in the UR review but as with all of them if I could combine the features I like most from several different brands I think I would settle on a version.

A really good friend of mine was producing some pretty good reloads using a Hornady press. He liked my Co-Ax so he ended up buying one. He said it improved his groups. I told him it improved his runout now work your neck tension. He did now he shoots straight lol.

Im still using the Lyman Spartan I bought used two decades ago at a gun show.

You can go to YouTube and search for 14 reloading press shootout, Ultimate Reloader did this a while back on the single stage press comparison with concentricity measurements. If memory serves me correctly, RCBS Rock Chucker had the smallest measurements on concentricity, I could not believe the Forster's Co-Ax did not come out the winner on it. However, the video will give you a good baseline to make your decision and hopefully the press you choose is in stock.
This was interesting. I'd been seriously considering a MEC metallic as an upgrade. The RCBS Summit is appealing though, I hadn't seen one.
I don't actually own a concentricity gauge, so I haven't spent the money. Maybe my Spartan is getting it done just fine…

I'm sure there are many great tools out there and many that give us a slight advantage.

For the most part we might be creating adequate groups for our purpose.

I have a problem that I put down to neck tension after some research and thinking about my proccess.

I have now ordered some Lee Factory crimp dies that @ButterBean and others give testament too for improving ammo and group consistency in a simple step at minimal cost.

Yet to try these but I haven't had anyone give a bad report either.

Yes there are lots of neat gadgets and high quality items out there that all work but I'm trying a simple remedy. That particular problem is not press related btw.

A Forster or other great press might improve the same ammo with all things being equal.

This is another step that has a few things that might be an advantage on this occassion

Had a Forster Co-Ax….no longer do.
Still use Forster dies, the honed neck versions are the best dies you can get and the most runout I get with them is .0005", often .0003" is the average across 100 cases.
I find the die to be far more critical than the press….I let my stuff float and finish size (.001" less spring back of .0005") with a mandrel. I have both the K&M and Sinclair mandrels. The runout going from the die to the mandrel, even in a RCBS press, stays virtually identical. I found the Co-Ax to be more than this….my mate who uses it now loves it, but he is not a comp shooter.

Cheers.

I have several presses, you will get a lot of opinions. Think about design as well. "O" presses (IE: RockChucker, Lee, Hornady, Lyman, etc) have been a standard for decades but the open designs (MEC, Co-Ax, etc) have a lot to offer - in my opinion. I don't have one yet as I don't think my RockChucker will ever need to be replaced, I would be probably get the MEC first then Co-Ax. Maybe check out the Panhandle Precision video about the MEC and UltimateReloader for both, and the 419, on the Tube of Yous as well.

Like RWE I have been using a Rock Chucker since about 1975,started with a RCBS Jr press I bought used at a garage sale.
If I raise my shaft to up position with no die in place I can get around .005 movement using a dial indicator but if I don't push the shaft it has hardly any movement as I only got less than .001 movement so I will keep using the old Rock Chucker.Myself and 2 friends loaded non-stop for hours on end for years and not worn out yet and if it does you can send it back to RCBS and they re-bushing it.

I just got a Forster Coax. I have a RCBS press as well that I am passing off to my kid. I like this forster a lot but it is much much different than anything I've used before. So far it is proving to be a much higher level at a reasonable cost.

A few things that stand out for me in precision reloading is the Press, the scale, dies, and the tools use to measure.

If you don't have high end calipers, you are likely chasing your tail on measurements. I have a pile of cheap crap and finally bought some mit's.

I have a A&D fxc120 scale. That scale is a much higher level than the dillon, hornady, and rcbs scales I have. Exceptional quality.

Everyone has opinions on dies but I prefer a bushing die and floating seating die. I use a mandrel to size the necks. It's an extra step, I don't give 2 craps. It flat out works and has really helped bring neck tension to a much more precise level for me.