Predator Caller

JASONE

I am in the market for a electronic caller. Thinking about the Fox Pro FX3 or should I step it up to the TX-500? Or is there another brand out there better.

Nothing wrong with the Fox Pro but I decided to go with Wildlife Technologies 2030MS. Good call with excellent sounds. I had a Minaska M1 prior to that which was also great. Buy from the top three and you wont go wrong.

Last Saturday I had three run in. Only one made it out alive.

adouble2.bmp.jpg

Last edited:
New here , but I have killed a bunch of yotes and several bobcats in the past few years . My percentage went way up when I started using a decoy with a wireless caller. If I had the $ I would make sure I bought a wireless caller that had a port to use a decoy by remote also . This will put all the attention 100 yards or more away from you and gives you a chip shot . I killed my largest cat this year , 40 inches from tip of nose to tip of tail and little over 40 lbs .
Good luck on them , youll love it .
PHILLIP from western Ky.

Jasone, I got a FX3 recently, and have only used it on one trip for turkeys. I haven't seen or used a 500, but am very happy with the FX3. I wouldn't spend the extra money on the 500, but would invest it in the SP-8 speaker for the big animal calls. The FX3 remote will control the Foxpro Jack-in-the-box also. I agree with Car-ver, it seems like the decoy could seal the deal on a wary predator.

I am also impressed with Foxpro's customer service. I like that they are made in America, too.

Wade, good looking pair of retired fawn killers.

Good hunting, Tom

I would go with the Wildlife Technologies also. That one has by far the best sound quality available. Just my 2 cents.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.