New electronic caller

Tgunz64

Looking at a new electronic call and have mostly decided on Icotec so far. I would think about other suggestions as well. But is the Icotec Night Stalker plus worth the extra $200 over the Renegade Plus? And how many sounds can the renegade actually store? I see 30 on their site but the nightstalker can hold 2000 on an SD card. Is this also true for the renegade when using an SD? The speaker units are the same so my main concern is the number of sounds for the renegade and is it worth the extra money for the nicer remote? Thanks guys!

I think that you will find that you have a few sounds that you use most. If you had 30 to 50 sounds several of them would go unused for the most part. Having the ability to take some sounds off your machine and replacing them with sounds that you find work best in your area is a good thing having the sounds organized in an easy to remember order is also a good thing so that say you are using a rabbit distress call shoot a coyote then can hit say injured coyote sounds quickly. We as a whole are in general creatures of habit and will most often let ourselves get in the habit of using the same sounds over and over. Depending on the animals you want to call has an effect on the sounds that you choose to use, fox and cats respond to similar higher frequency sounds than coyotes in general. So being able to have a few choices in that respect makes a difference.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good point.
Get your electronic call where you can program in a list of some Favorites.
I only use a few calls for different cases and have them set up so I can easily hit the group of calls I want.
We got a Fox Pro 1 right after the Fox Pro 24 Came out.
Cost is another factor. Not saying a good $1 or homemade mouth call is any better than a $500 electronic caller. Do your research before you commit.

Last edited:
That's why I'm asking. To do my research. Just not finding much info on the renegade. I understand I don't need 400 calls on a unit. But would like a Little more capacity than 30 for a few different species. I have a western rivers nite stalker pro that came with 400 sounds on it. 90-95% of them are basically useless because they are just exotic species or species we have but illegal to use e callers on in my state. But having a capacity of 50-60 total would be alright. Like the saying goes "I'd rather have it and not need it then to need it and not have it" in this case some extra storage.

I got Icotec Nightstalker last Spring. Been devastating coyotes with basically 4 sounds. There are 2 favorite profiles you can organize primary sounds used.
I've had same batteries in them for almost a year and coyote hunt about 1 a month.
2 things worth noting. Volume increase jumps fast. Size of caller horn is quite large.

Well I made a decision and went with the Night Stalker+. Ordered it up a few minutes ago. Decided to go with the remote with the sounds listed on the screen and not having to write them down or store names in my phone with the other remote. And then if you switch sounds or rearrange you have to redo the list. Also comes with extra capacity storage so never need to worry. Buy once cry once I guess(sigh). Thanks for the inputs guys I appreciated them!

Looking at a new electronic call and have mostly decided on Icotec so far. I would think about other suggestions as well. But is the Icotec Night Stalker plus worth the extra $200 over the Renegade Plus? And how many sounds can the renegade actually store? I see 30 on their site but the nightstalker can hold 2000 on an SD card. Is this also true for the renegade when using an SD? The speaker units are the same so my main concern is the number of sounds for the renegade and is it worth the extra money for the nicer remote? Thanks guys!
I've got the night stalker definitely a fine caller, with great range over and above most, not one (1) time did I fail to call anything in when taken out, although i'm counting non target species also. Get the decoy if you get it. Mine 3 years old perfect and it gets used.

I've got the night stalker definitely a fine caller, with great range over and above most, not one (1) time did I fail to call anything in when taken out, although i'm counting non target species also. Get the decoy if you get it. Mine 3 years old perfect and it gets used.
Good to know it works well. It'll be exciting to use a newer call with better overall sound quality. Watched a few YouTube videos on newer icotecs and just from the videos I can tell a huge difference in quality vs my old western river call. And I did order the decoy and also the C4 power pack. Should be good to go.