Pre-threaded Savage barrel makers

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by nivlac1960, Oct 23, 2011.

1. nivlac1960

nivlac1960 Member

I'm looking to replace a shot out barrel on my Savage rifle. Does anyone have a list of makers of pre-threaded Savage barrels along with contact info? Thanks in advance.
    nivlac

2. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Pacnor, Hart, Shilen, Lothar, McGowan, CB ... for starters. Good luck!

Ed

ADDED:

Check with SINARMS and see what he has to offer and can do for you.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011

3. TacRabbit

TacRabbit Well-Known Member

You could also try giving Jim Briggs of Northlan Shooters Supply a call at 763-682-4296. He offers CBI, Shilen, and McGowen pre-threaded barrels and might even have what you are looking for in stock. He also has factory take off barrels for a decent price.

4. Remmy260

Remmy260 Member

ER Shaw Savage barrels are available at a good discount from Gun Shack. Group buys are done on a regular basis to give you the opportunity to get a discount on a great selection of chamberings.

www.gunshack.com/savagebarrels

5. Trickymissfit

Trickymissfit Well-Known Member

I've used the ones from Sharp Shooter in the past, and current own one. Very well made, and he can supply a Bruxe blank! He dosn't do tight necked chambers, but most folks don't use them anyway (I do). Pacnor seems to have the biggest chamber reamer selection, and does tight necks. The Bruxe barrel is a class better in quality if that matters much. Prices are similar. The only other one I would consider is a Shilen, and he wants a little more for his name on the barrel. The standard barrel that Sharp Shooter chambers in is a Douglas blank, and some folks over on Benchrest Centeral are saying some really good things about them these days (company has a new owner and their over all quality has really gone up). I may order one of them in 6mm remington this winter
    gary

6. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

bergara makes excellent bbls. for remington and savage.

7. backwoods83

backwoods83 Well-Known Member

McGowen- cheapest place to buy is savage-barrels.com but reamer selection is limited.
    McGowen-4d rentals Fred has almost any reamer you can think of.
    Shilen, McGowen, and CBI can be found at Northland shooter supply via savage shooters forum.
    Brux and Douglas- Sharp shooters supply.
    Pac-nor- pacnorbarrels.com.
    Benchmark- Kevin Rayhill at stockadestocks.com.
    Factory takeoffs can sometimes be found at Natchez.com for around 80.00.

Sharp shooters supply and Fred at 4d will chamber, thread, and crown any suppllied blank for about 75.00, with this you have 30+ barrel options with Lilja, Bartlien, and Rock Creek on the top of the list.

8. Remmy260

Remmy260 Member

6mm and 5.56mm ER Shaw barrels are coming in soon and there are a few still available at the $158 Group Buy price.

www.gunshack.com/savagebarrels

9. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

I like Lothar Walther barrels. They offer factory contour replacements per-threaded in any caliber you choose. I really like my barrel. You can call Sin-Arms and order a pre-chamber and per-thread barrels for $275.

Tank

10. BoilerUP

BoilerUP Well-Known Member

I recommend Criterion, through Northland Shooters Supply.

11. nivlac1960

nivlac1960 Member

I called Jim Briggs @ Norhtland Shooters Supply. I recieved my new Savage take-off barrel yesterday.It was less than $150.00 shipped to my door.