prairie dogs in nebraska?

Trent

I am moving to lexington, nebraska in about two months and wondering if anyone on here knows any good spots there or within reasonably drive. This will be my first time hunting them as i live on the eastern side of the state now and we don't have them. I just bought me a savage 12bvss .223 to start practicing with. I figure i will do the "knock and ask" and hopefully some of the ranchers will let me hunt, but if anybody knows anyone or anyplace it would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time and help.

Trent,
I know there are towns around. The guy who used to bury our pit blind had a town on his father-in-laws north of Lex. It won't take long to find some by asking around.

Thanks for the reply! I figure if i do enough asking someone will have a spot and let me give it a go.

Trent:
I had shot some towns out of Kearney a few years back. I don't remember any specifics but am sure if you check around there as well you would find some. I believe I went N. of town.

Good luck,

1kstr

I am 85 miles west of your new location. It IS getting harder to find ANY ground to hunt on....talk with the county extension agent in Lex.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.