prairie dogs in nebraska?

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Trent, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Trent

Trent Well-Known Member

I am moving to lexington, nebraska in about two months and wondering if anyone on here knows any good spots there or within reasonably drive. This will be my first time hunting them as i live on the eastern side of the state now and we don't have them. I just bought me a savage 12bvss .223 to start practicing with. I figure i will do the "knock and ask" and hopefully some of the ranchers will let me hunt, but if anybody knows anyone or anyplace it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks for your time and help.

2. buffalorancher

buffalorancher Writers Guild

Trent,
    I know there are towns around. The guy who used to bury our pit blind had a town on his father-in-laws north of Lex. It won't take long to find some by asking around.

3. Trent

Trent Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply! I figure if i do enough asking someone will have a spot and let me give it a go.

4. 1kstr

1kstr Well-Known Member

Trent:
    I had shot some towns out of Kearney a few years back. I don't remember any specifics but am sure if you check around there as well you would find some. I believe I went N. of town.

Good luck,

1kstr

5. generaldoeboy

generaldoeboy Active Member

there are some nice ones around

6. acloco

acloco Well-Known Member

I am 85 miles west of your new location. It IS getting harder to find ANY ground to hunt on....talk with the county extension agent in Lex.