Powder/Primer Availability?

Do you have a Scheels around you? Keep an eye out for stabil 6.5 if your loading for 6.5 creedmoor I have been able to see instock fairly often for very reasonable prices like 34.99 a pound I picked up a couple pounds for my 22-250 with 77g bullets it works good, but should be a decent powder for 6.5 ceedmoor. Last week my cousin got an 8lb keg of h4350 of powder valley. Just keep watching the reloading section. Also check midwayusa for bullets specially there factory seconds ha e been available lately.
Yes, we have a Scheels right down the road. I was going to check out Cabellas, Bass Pro... but now I'll add Sheels to that list. Never been in there but I've heard good things. Thank you for the tip!

Do you have a Scheels around you? Keep an eye out for stabil 6.5 if your loading for 6.5 creedmoor I have been able to see instock fairly often for very reasonable prices like 34.99 a pound I picked up a couple pounds for my 22-250 with 77g bullets it works good, but should be a decent powder for 6.5 ceedmoor. Last week my cousin got an 8lb keg of h4350 of powder valley. Just keep watching the reloading section. Also check midwayusa for bullets specially there factory seconds ha e been available lately.
Third Generation Shooting Supplies has Stabal 6.5 in stock. You may not like the price, but its there.

I checked and StaBALL is in stock at our local Scheels! Thank you sir!

I checked and StaBALL is in stock at our local Scheels! Thank you sir!
Hit Southwest Ammunition Supply Co in Mesquite. He has most powders at $40-$50 a pound and primers around $100 but no shipping or hazmat fees so I go there first. Last month I picked up 20lbs of various powders, hopefully everything I need for the year.

There are about a dozen gun clubs around dallas. Whenever any of them have a decent sized shoot there will be at least one vendor selling stuff. Usually cash or check and priced better than brick and mortar or internet. Make some friends and ask around. Be prepared to buy bulk though, think 5k primers, 1k or more bullets and 8lb jugs of powder. Normally the only way most of them will sell. Competitive shooters are not paying these stupid prices. Some clubs also have an ffl and order (for members only) truckloads of components and sell for cost or close to it. Like I said, make some friends and ask around, the stuff is out there, and can be had fairly priced. Find a club that will cater to your needs and join. You will get a safe place to shoot, make some lifelong friends and get some deals.

Well, Scheels did not have ANY powder. I talked to a couple of guys there and they said their website is usually wrong and that I should always call before driving over. Oh well.

Primers are like gold out this way. Just 6 months ago a Ranch store had lots of CCI small rifle match. Asking 108 per 1k. They sat there for a cple months. Then Scheels in Billings got some in and asked close to the same price. People caught on that this price is the new normal (out here anyway). Nothing anywhere right now.

I'm in Texas myself. I would suggest you go to one or more of the gun shows. There's one every weekend usually. Dallas, Ft Worth, Mesquite, etc. There us usually a couple of vendors that sell reloading supplies. I will have to post later the schedule info unless someone else does. I haven't been to one lately so it may be scarce. Other than that do online search and be quick on the draw when something is available. Primers are the hardest to get then powder. Companies making reloading equipment have to be suffering. Like buying a new vehicle but no gas available.
East of you there's supposedly a new primer manufacturer getting started? Don't know when the first batch will be out?

Either brownells or midsouth has/had some stabal in stock as of yesterday?

Ordered 4 pounds of StaBALL from Midsouth. Thank you!
I don't get your way very often, but live 350+ miles from the Dallas area. I stopped at Scheels and was extremely disappointed in the reloading department! If there was a price it should be in stock and no price it was out? WELL, there was a few powders with a price, but wasn't in stock. The person that worked there had no explanation why.

Welcome to Bidenville! Could be a rough 2 1/2 years.
You're lucky if you made it to January 2021 before you experienced the shortage. I believe for most people it started at the beginning of Covid or even before.... And I guess I don't see what it really has to do with politics, other than irrational emotions, at this point. I do know that since Covid (early 2020) and the riots of a couple summers ago, there are a whole lot more gun owners now....

I don't get your way very often, but live 350+ miles from the Dallas area. I stopped at Scheels and was extremely disappointed in the reloading department! If there was a price it should be in stock and no price it was out? WELL, there was a few powders with a price, but wasn't in stock. The person that worked there had no explanation why.
That was my exact experience yesterday. To be fair, I had never been to Scheels before but I really liked the store. My wife and I had a date night without the kids so it might've just been the bliss of not yelling at children, stop touching stuff, put that down, be quiet, stop running, etc... that made it such a nice evening!