Portable shooting bench recommendations

View attachment 549592View attachment 549593I didn't read every reply, but portable seems to be neglected from some of the recommendations. Portable, in my mind would mean easily moved and handled. When we go for PDs, we will shoot a field, pack up and move, shoot again, pack up and move. So all the bigger more static benches don't seem that portable.

I have 2 of the Muddy Shooting Benches I bought at Sportsman's Warehouse. They are 2 piece and relatively easy to move, just watch for pinched fingers when handling the legs. They have a triple leg base so they won't rock and the shooting table has a lock on it to keep the table solid. The whole bench swivels 360 degrees, so you can stay centered on the table and rotate to different areas of the field….
That appears to be a very nice bench for what you use it for and the type of terrain you are using it on.
But now just look at the terrain near by with the steeper slope and ask yourself if the same bench would work as well there.
Fact is that it wouldnt, so these are the things each user has to think about.

That appears to be a very nice bench for what you use it for and the type of terrain you are using it on.
But now just look at the terrain near by with the steeper slope and ask yourself if the same bench would work as well there.
Fact is that it wouldnt, so these are the things each user has to think about.
You need to get out more…

Shrapnel, with all due respect, just go try your bench on those steeper slopes, and then if your up to it, call back and tell us what you think.
I already know what you will think, and so do lots of others here.
You may want to try any bench on a slope for fun yourself. So you shoot one across my bow and expect respect?

Try again…

Jeez guys, it's a discussion about friggen shooting benches. No one is challenging you religous views. How can ypu possibly get offended about what type of table you like to shoot off of. Some of you need to go outside and enjoy the sun and fresh air. You will feel WAY BETTER. I promise.

Jeez guys, it's a discussion about friggen shooting benches. No one is challenging you religous views. How can ypu possibly get offended about what type of table you like to shoot off of. Some of you need to go outside and enjoy the sun and fresh air. You will feel WAY BETTER. I promise.
Well said. No need to draw "internet blood" over this topic…is there?

View attachment 549592View attachment 549593I didn't read every reply, but portable seems to be neglected from some of the recommendations. Portable, in my mind would mean easily moved and handled. When we go for PDs, we will shoot a field, pack up and move, shoot again, pack up and move. So all the bigger more static benches don't seem that portable.

I have 2 of the Muddy Shooting Benches I bought at Sportsman's Warehouse. They are 2 piece and relatively easy to move, just watch for pinched fingers when handling the legs. They have a triple leg base so they won't rock and the shooting table has a lock on it to keep the table solid. The whole bench swivels 360 degrees, so you can stay centered on the table and rotate to different areas of the field….
Great bench! I use the same one and find the 360 swivel a must have feature.